Chapter 22

It has been over a week since I started working as the personal assistant of Mr.Durante, and I must say I didn't expect this job would be hectic and tiring.

During last week, Miss. Adams taught me to do specific tasks other than the basic ones, such as reviewing documents from various departments, filing, and getting used to the company's system. It was a lot of information to grasp in one week, but I managed to get them through my head.

At the same time, both of us got to know each other well. We would always binge-watch our favorite shows while eating during lunch. I know; pretty unprofessional of me. I'm positive my boss must've heard it at some point, but thank the lords he didn't acknowledge us about it. It was sad to see her go, but she's going to have her first baby soon.

Speaking about Mr.Durante, I've never seen him since he dropped me off. I did see Jake a few times, but his best friend wasn't with him. It was almost like he disappeared out of thin air since that day.

Honestly, I couldn't stop thinking about him. Every time, my mind went back to the way he looked at me during the ride to my apartment. It wasn't creepy or uncomfortable; in fact, it was the complete opposite. It was calming and made me feel safe, strangely. Those eyes held something mysterious, an unknown emotion swirling within them. I can't help but be curious about what he was thinking at the moment. Surely he must've been thinking about someone special.

"Amy?"

I looked up to see Jake on my door, half of his torso peeking in.

"Yes, Mr. Johnson?" I questioned him.

"We have a meeting right now," he said to me.

I looked into today's schedule and frowned, realizing that there wasn't a meeting now.

"It's a sudden one," he said.

"Oh, okay," I said, grabbing my notebook and walked out of my office as Jake opened the door for me.

Both of us walked the long hall before reaching the meeting room.

"You can just call me Jake; I don't mind. Besides, Mr.Johnson makes me feel like a grandpa," he said.

"Yeah, sure," I laughingly replied.

"Why the sudden meeting?" I asked him.

"I don't know; I just got the message from Sandro just a few minutes before I came to your office," he said.

"After you," Jake said as he opened the door of the meeting room.

I walked in to see Mr. Durante sat at one end of the large meeting table. Since I'm his assistant, I sat on the right side of him.

"Good morning, Mr.Durante," I greeted him.

"Good morning, Miss. Roberts," he greeted me back.

We stayed silent for a moment as I watched Jake's assistant came into the room and sat beside Jake.

A few minutes passed, and more people came in whom one of them I knew, Miss. Campbell, the chief design officer. She sat beside me, and we introduced and greeted each other.

"Good morning, everyone. Thank you to everyone who had managed to attend this sudden meeting today. There are two reasons why this meeting is held-" Mr.Durante was interrupted from what I believe was a phone call because I heard his phone vibrating from his pocket.

He looked at his phone and kept it back in his pocket.

"Before I was interrupted, I would like to introduce the team to my new personal assistant, Miss. Amy Roberts. She is an IT postgraduate, and we can make use of her out of the box thinking," he said.