58

warning: Extreme amounts of fluff ahead (towards the end). Too much fluff can lead to brain rot, please proceed with caution. 

He ignored the past 'experiences'. He'd decided he wanted to try to keep his sanity for as long as possible, then again, Dream didn't have a lot of that left in him.

He'd spent each night fearing to sleep, and waking up in the same cursed spot, forced to choose different routes. Each time he'd come across something new, and none of it was good. There was always so much blood.

Dream shot up from his sleep in a cold sweat, managing to bite back a cry and hold a cold, blank expression.

He slowly slipped from the sheets with a quiet groan, his crimson ears ruffled and messy. He padded around the room, sleep deprived as usual. He glanced at George, sighing at the familiar sight of sky blue streaks in his hair. He turned his head and then froze.

" Wait what- " He turned, his eyes widening. " Holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit- " He rushed over and shook George who groaned and sat up.

" What the fuck, Dream? " He whined, opening an eye to glare at him, his halo slowly lighting up. Dream's eyes teared up as he wrapped his boyfriend up in a tight hug.

" Oh my god I thought you were dead. " He sobbed, clutching George like he was a life line. George slowly stroked the blonde's hair with a baffled expression.

" Dead? Why would you think that? " George asked, pulling Dream away from him so he could look the imp in the face.

Dream's eyes shot up to George's head and he realized it was perfectly normally, minus the bedhead that ruffled it.

He exhaled slowly, his eyes dark with a flurry of emotions. " Dream? " George asked faintly. Dream snapped out of his haze and rubbed his eyes, shaking his head.

" I'm seeing things, George. I've been hallucinating. That's why I dropped the mug. You guys were drenched in blood. Except the blood is neon colors. That's why I looked away from the movie. I thought she was painting with the same bright colors. And- and- " He word vomited his confession, gripping his ears tightly as tears streaked down his cheeks from sheer panic.

George frowned, obviously slightly confused, but empathetic. He took Dream's hand, gently removing it from his long ear and holding it. " Hey... It's going to be okay. " He promised the taller boy gently. " We'll get through this together, yeah? " He looked at Dream with big, hopeful eyes.

He frowned but nodded. If he could keep his sanity he could uphold that promise he supposed. His tail was flicking anxiously as George tugged him to his feet. " Let's go downstairs, it's already 7 a.m. anyways. " He hummed with a glance out the window.

Dream tilted his head. " How do you know that? "He asked curiously, forcing away his lingering fear.

" By the way the sun rose. It's still slightly dark, but not dark enough to be 6:30 or 6:40. " The brunette explained. Dream listened carefully, feeling soothed by the Brit's voice.

He sat down at the table, leaning back in his chair. " You want coffee? " George asked, peeking his head around to see Dream.

He raised an eyebrow. " What kind of question is that? " Dream chuckled. George shook his head and turned back around to face the coffee machine. Dream felt slightly better, having admitted everything, but he still didn't feel too great. His head was foggy and he could still sense the anxiety ready to rear its ugly head at any chance possible.

He and George chatted idly, waiting for the coffee to brew. Sapnap had joined a few minutes before the machine had beeped, claiming he had been lulled into the kitchen by the lovely smell.

Eret had also joined once the cups had been poured, snagging one and seating himself at the table.

A peaceful silence fell over the table but it didn't last long.

" I'm going to go out back. " Dream hummed and hopped away from the table. He walked out back and something caught his attention.

He approached the rustling bush wearily and parted the branches, revealing a yellow ball of fluff.

He tilted his head and bent down, curiously lifting it up. It stood up in his hands with angry little chirping noises and he couldn't help but instantaneously fall in love. Who wouldn't?

He carried the little, weird bird back to the house and carefully opened the door, making sure to keep it balanced in his palm.

" hey guys look! Can we keep it? Pleeasseeeee " He begged, holding it out.

" Is that a duckling? " Eret questioned. Sapnap's eyes lit up.

" A duckling?! " he shouted excitedly, yeeting to Dream's side to fawn over the tiny bird.

George stood up and cooed at it. He practically had heart-eyes as he pet it's soft head.

" Guys... It's cute and all, but don't you think it's momma is looking for it? Where did you find it anyways?" Eret chided, looking at the blonde in question.

" I found it in a bush! " He chirped, nuzzling his face up to it.

" Dream, get it away from your face please. " Eret sighed, eyeing it with clear pity.

" But it's just so cute. " Dream whined.

" Can we pleaseee keep it? " The three begged, all giving Eret puppy eyes.

" I'm naming it Skechers. " Sapnap announced as he pet it.

" Skechers? Sounds good to me. " Dream said eagerly.

Eret pouted at the duckling and then turned away. " I'll think about letting you guys keep it. While you're waiting, why don't you do some research and bathe it or something. There's a picture of ducks on the dawn bottles so Imma assume it's fine to wash it with that. " He gave in.

The Dream team beamed at each other before rushing to different places. George had agreed to do the research while Sapnap and Dream attempted to bathe the baby animal. 

I'm taking a vote. Do they keep Skechers or do they give him back to his bush? 

Ducky duck duckling ^-^ 
Yeah that's all I got lmao 

Sorry about missing the second post yesterday, I realized I literally had no clue for what to write about after. So I ended up making the rest extremely fluffy by introducing a new pet that Patches ( Hopefully ) Won't eat. 

Stay healthy y'all!

Love y'all!!!

Moony <3