THE FIRST CHALLENGE

___

___

"It's just something about today that makes me happy." Draco said as they walked over to the arena for the first challenge.

Theo and Blaise glanced at each other, "Are you sure it had nothing to do with Potter probably walking into his death?" Theo asked.

Pansy rolled her eyes, "Please, Draco would throw a party if that occurred." She said as she threw an arm over Ethaline who seemed to be in a somber mood. "What's wrong?" She asked quietly.

Ethaline sighed, "Nothing," she said as she faked a yawn, "Just tired." She reassured as Pansy gave her a skeptical look before she nodded.

"If you say so."

"Thank the gods for Draco's minions." Theo grinned, "They got up early to get us front row seats. Sick isn't it?" He asked no one in particular.

Ethaline replied, not leaving him hanging as Blaise and Draco went off into a conversation. The two were attached to the hip, he somehow saw more of her brother then she did. Draco considered him to be his best friend, same with Theo but Theo was always off wreaking havoc with Pansy and Ethaline was the one talking them out of their hectic decisions.

Like the one-time Theo suggested they jumped from the bridge to the lake.

The group approached their seats, Ethaline thanked Crabbe and Goyle before she sat down, her hands playing with her bracelets. Today instead of wearing her uniform she wore her usual dress robes.

To muggles, it seemed like an overdressed girl with fine fabrics, she would look almost of royal decent.

To wizards, it was a mark of societal royalty and the uniform of a graceful woman born of old money.

It was being a Malfoy without saying it.

"So, does anyone have any idea what it's going to be?" Theo asked, "I hope it's an Australian horn bull that steps on them."

Draco gave him an amused look, "And I'm the crazy one."

Theo shrugged, "I said stepped not kill." He said as Ethaline cracked a smile, still nervously playing with her bracelets when she saw Ivan sit on the other side of her.

Pansy smirked, "Oh shoot I dropped something." She said as she purposely used her hip to push Ethaline into the hands some Bulgarian boy. The three boys were engaged in a conversation and didn't notice what was happening.

"I'm sorry," Ethaline quickly said as she moved away slightly, "My friend—"

Ivan smiled, "It's no problem." He said as he brushed a piece of hair out of her face. Ethaline blushed a dark red, the Bulgarian boy was rather forward.