Chapter 37: Escape

"Neither will I let you laugh nor cry in peace.
I will visit you in your thoughts, memories and not let you sleep.
Disguised as pain, I'm going to set-down in your mind.
I will bring you to death, but let you live.
I'm going to bring our story to its conclusion, but I'm not going to let it finish and give it a smile in return."

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

I could feel Taehyung's intense stare taking me in while Jisoo and I were talking to Dr.Kim's wife, Shin Minah. His eyes were traveling over my skin, I gulped nervously and started scratching my arm before slowly turning my neck and meet the warmth of his eyes. Any other gaze would suffocate me but not Taehyung, not the person who carried the most heartwarming warmth in his eyes.

My chest heaved up and I unconsciously held my breath the second our eyes locked, dark alluring eyes perking through his black bangs.

He slowly walked off the conversation between Hoseok and Namjoon to come over to me while I excused myself and also left the conversation between Minah and Jisoo.

My heart skipped a beat when I was standing in front of him, he towered me with his height and intoxicated my mind with the cologne he was wearing and those
alluring eyes and the little smile on his heart shaped lips.

My eyes rested a little longer on his scarlet lips while rewinding everything that has happened on the beach. My heartbeats started accelerating and I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks.

"Oh my favorites are here!" I flinched when the deep voice of Doctor Kim sounded. The voice which guided me through pain and wounds, the voice of my mentor and the spark of hope and light of this game. The person who saw me at my weakest and still never gave up to pull me to the surface of the ocean filled with the blood of my ripped soul I was drowning in.

"Doctor Kim!" Everyone shouted excitedly while Taehyung and I slowly turned around to face him. When Dr.Kim's eyes met mine his fatherly grin widened and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at him and nod with a smile on my lips before his eyes slowly shifted to Taehyung.

The hall went quiet when all of a sudden Taehyung's wine glas slipped out of his hands and shattered into a million pieces. A gasped escaped my lungs followed by a rough flinch while staring at the red liquid covering the shattered glas pieces on the ground.

"Taehyung?" I whispered with widened eyes before lifting my eyes and meeting an almost paralyzed Taehyung. I followed his stare and frown when I saw Dr.Kim looking at Taehyung in the same almost shocked way Taehyung was staring at him.

An uneasy feeling flashed through my gut while my heart almost dropped into my stomach with a question echoing through my head.