Chapter 44: Alice

I smile brightly as my carriage arrives to our palace gates. Excitement fills me as it arrives to the front doors of our winter house. A familiar face opens the door for me, Ivan, a servant boy. He smiles and welcomes me as I greet him back and hand him a tip. I quickly get out of the carriage and run up to my husband and kiss him passionately, he twirls me as I giggle, feeling his warmth and the smell of his cologne coming off of him. "My love!" He hugs me tightly. "Oh I have missed you so much!" I kiss him.

He holds me close, kissing me, "Oh darling it was miserable without you" I pull away from him, noticing Scarlett in the corner, "Hello Scarlett" I smile, she stays quiet, ignoring me, holding her son close. I brush it off and go up to my little Nickie that is by his governess, "My darling" I gently take him into my arms, he giggles, "Mama!" I kiss his cheek gently, holding him close, I was so worried about him the whole time, thank god that nothing went wrong.

I hold my little boy close as my other governess brings Alexander. I give Nickie to George as I take my baby into my arms. He is so precious, I have missed him so much, I kiss his forehead as his eyes observe every detail on my face. "Hello my baby" I smile as Alexander starts to smile as well, waving his arms around, touching my face. George smiles at us as he comes up to me, placing his hand around my waist, "We are reunited my love" he says, looking down at Alexander, "A reunited family" I smile, kissing Alexander again.

Very soon dinner rolls around and I go to sit in my chair, which is next to George but I find Scarlett already sitting there. I see them chatting away about something as I awkwardly stand waiting for George to notice me, once he does, he smiles, "Alice!" He stands up and kisses me. I smile, holding his hand, "Where do I sit darling?" I ask him. I feel Scarlett's glare as he says, "You can take my place my love, I'll find another chair" I smile at him wanting to say something but Scarlett cuts me off, "That won't be necessary, she can find her own chair"

I stare at her, she is so rude. George says to her, "Of course it is, she is the love of my life" I smile at him adoringly, he is just so amazing, I have missed him. After dinner George and I decide to go to his office to spend some time alone and so I can tell him about my shocking news. He sits down in his office chair and pulls me onto his lap, "What did you want to say darling?" He asks me, hugging me close. I rest my head against his and take out my locket, "I'm a bastard" I tell him quietly.

"No you aren't my love" he says. I don't think he understands what I mean, "No darling," I looks down at him, "I was born out of wedlock, V-Victoria was my real mother" I say with tears streaming down my face. "I'm not who you married"I say again with tears. George stays silent before I feel him hugging me close, "My love, I married the person you are, your title and ranking, it doesn't matter to me," he wipes away my falling tears, kissing my cheek gently.

"You still love me even if I'm a bastard?" I say looking down at him. "My love, I will always love you, you are a wonderful person" he says. I hug him tightly, he is the best husband any woman would ask for, I love him so much with all of my heart. "You are the love of my life" I tell him, kissing him gently, He kisses me, "And you are the love of mine" we sit like this for some time before the sun starts to set. I feel the need to use the bathroom again so I kiss him before walking to bathroom only to find Scarlett walking towards me, filled with rage, "You! You little priss!"she yells at me.

I look at her in shock, "Excuse you?" She spits in my face, "You no good impostor!" I wipe away the spit from my face, "Scarlett what is wrong with you!" I ask her. She flares her nostrils, "What is wrong with me? You and I are equals and you know it!" She shouts. I look at her confused, "Scarlett what are you talking about? Of course we are equals!" I tell her. "You are a bastard just like me!" She yells in my face. My heart drops, she was eavesdropping on my private conversation? In my own home?

"W-I don't know what you are talking about" I say. "Yes you do! I have worked my whole life earning everything that I have while you were treated as a princess even though we are the same!" She shouts at me. I back away from her, "Stop making up stories" she can't know, she will tell everyone. It came out of your mouth! I heard you say it!" She shouts, stepping closer to me.

Anger boils inside of me, how dare she treat me like dirt in my own home after helping her? After everything? "HOW DARE YOU? LISTENING TO MY PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS? THIS DOES NOT CONCERN YOU! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CALL ME NAMES IN MY OWN HOME!" I yell at her, all the anger and sadness came out. "IT DOES ABSOLUTELY CONCERN ME! YOU ARE A LIAR AND A WITCH THAT DOES NOT DESERVE ANY OF THIS!" She pushes me, slamming me against the wall.

"I CANT CONTROL WHAT HAPPENED TO ME SCARLETT! I CAN HAVE YOU LEAVE MY HOUSE IMMEDIATELY!" I yell at her. "YOU BITCH! YOU DONT KNOW THE MEANING OF ANYTHING! OF COURSE YOU COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING IF YOU WEREN'T SO STUPID!" She yells at me. I watch George walk in, "I-I want her out of here first thing in the morning!" I start to cry as I leave the hall I hear her scream, "YOU BASTARD YOU ARE WORSE THEN ME! WORSE THEN A LOWLY WHORE!"

I run to my room and shut the doors, exhausted and emotional, I fall asleep. That morning George had Scarlett leave out house and return to Boris. She did this to herself, I did everything that I could for her, and what I got from her was hatred. I felt stomach days that morning and my Georgie called in a doctor, I was pregnant again, with my third child. What a bittersweet day that was.