Chapter 4

The Empress Dowager's Birthday

Minister Li Manor

Today is the day, the birthday banquet of the country Empress Dowager.

Li Wei Wei asked for Qiqi's help on wearing the ancient clothes for the banquet. She find it a bit complicated as it has a lot of layer.

"Young Miss, Qiqi will make you the most beautiful at the banquet tonight." Qiqi confidently talking as she continued to brush Li Wei Wei's luscious, ink-like hair. Long, smooth, and clearly beautiful.

Li Wei Wei chose a sky blue hanfu that alternated in shades, and a white floral lace covering over her body and dress elegantly.

Qiqi paired off the dress with a simple hairstyle that included a braided bun enclasped by jade hairpins that they bought, letting the rest of her hair flow freely.

Li Wei Wei is very satisfied with the way she looks and she thanked Qiqi for helping her.

Then, a loud yelling can be heard. The voice belong to her father calling her.

"I'm coming Father! Wait a minute! Mother let's go." Her mother grab her hand and they ran hand in hand.

Li Wei Wei and her family finally get inside the carriage and immediately set off. Her father afraid they will be late.

On their way, snucking her head out from time to time to see the neighbourhood area.

While enjoying the scenery, she also saw some prestigious family also heading to the palace.

General Feng Manor

One of his subordinate went inside of his room. The general immediately alert by this.

"What is it?"

This voice would make everyone that hear his voice will be weak on the knees.

But the subordinates already get used to his cold voice. While bowing the subordinates said,

"The emperor wants you to attend the The Empress Dowager's birthday banquet. It was to start later."

"Inform Zhao Li to come." Feng Xujin instructed the guard.

General Feng Xujin has no interest in such festivals. He preferred to stay at the manor or go for a war.

But he got no choice since the emperor personally asked him to attend it.

He immediately changed into a proper clothes. Then quickly ride the horse heading to the palace with a cold face.

The Palace

Li Wei Wei's getting immerse by the palace. It was so big that a giant can live in there. She and her mother got down from the carriage heading inside.

She could hear the lively atmosphere from inside. A lot of the lady from a prestigious family are already inside.

She could imagine how the emperor would look like. 'His Majesty must look very intimidating', she thought.

"Wei Er go inside first, find some friends. There are a lot of lady inside." Her mother want Li Wei Wei to befriend with other lady

Inside the palace fill with beautiful women and men talking to each other. They began to compare how they look today.

"Tonight I'm the most beautiful. The princes and the general will surely notice me"

The one's talking so proudly is the daughter of Prime Minister Jiang. Her name is Jiang Li Yao.

She is considered the most beautiful unmarried lady in the capital.

A lot of unmarried men try to pursue her but she only look up for a men in higher level. Jiang Liyao feel very confident that she will become the crowd attention.

All of a sudden, the crowd went silent. It was due to the general's arrival.

The guard announce that the general has arrive and all the men getting jealous by his appearance. While the lady envy him and trying to appeal.

But the general ignored all of them and proceed to his seat which is near the emperor.

The emperor is glad that the general came because he is actually trying to find a suitable wife for him.

If His Majesty has a daughter, he would bestowed Feng Xujin a marriage with his daughter.

Unfortunately, he is only blessed with princes.

All of a sudden, the crowd went silent once again. But there is no announcement from the guard.

Walking inside slowly was Li Wei Wei. She is amazed by all the good looking people that she didn't realize they were looking at her.

She then smile and waving at them by saying a small,

"Hi!"

They only look at her action weirdly.

The way she move make all the men starstruck. Her sky blue hanfu matches perfectly her white milky skin. The way she gain attention make girls jealous.

"Who is she?"

"She is so beautiful."

"I'm the most beautiful not her."

"She looks so adorable."

Praises can be heard from the crowd. But she do not care about the attention on her. She just need to find someone.

Li Wei Wei tried to look for the familiar face in the hall but failed.

Unknown to her, the general is looking straight at her. He never thought he will meet this girl again.

Feng Xujin has to admit she is cute. He did feel something stir within him when men swooning while looking at her. His eyes fill with dangerous glint.

He don't know why. But she attract him. Her behaviour is very different from normal people in his world.

While he is trying to read her, His Majesty saw the way he look at her.

At first the emperor was shocked as the general had never cast look on a women.

Then the emperor smile secretly but he also don't know who this girl is.

********

P.S.

He meet her again! The moment y'all have been waiting for.