albedo ❧ adventure

"are you cold, dear?"

albedo x readerfluff ❧ you're dragged up to dragonspine by albedo but you're unprepared for the cold

albedo x reader
fluff you're dragged up to dragonspine by albedo but you're unprepared for the cold

part two of : medicine

.

"Dear Barbatos— it's freezing up here."

You brought your arms close to your body, rubbing each side of your arms to produce some sort of friction to warm your cold body. Another gust of icy wind whipped past you, causing your body to shudder.

The blonde alchemist before you turned to see your shivering state. His hand drifted to his pocket and pulled out an orange colored potion and smashed it onto the ground. Dusts of red and orange surrounded your feet as a sensation of warmth crept up from it.

"Are you okay, dear?" Albedo asked, peering at you to which you let out an exaggerated sigh, nodding. "I'm, okay... it's just so damn cold up here— How do you do it?!"

"Warming potions?" You facepalmed at his dull response. "Ah... I thought you were going to say that you have an immunity to the cold or something."

"That's not feasible for me since I'm not trained under those conditions." There he goes off on a scientific tangent about conditions, experiments, and training.

"In any case— how far are we from this domain area?" You asked, trailing up to see the mountain peak that was coated in snow. Albedo glanced up as well, touching his chin as if he was wondering in deep thoughts.

"Hm... roughly 300 meters. We could reach the summit by sunset if we don't take any breaks." your eyes widened. "H-Hah... I don't think that's gonna happen, Albedo..."

He nodded, understanding the circumstances. "Let's go as far as we can and set up camp if needed." You groaned in frustration but nodded nonetheless.

You were hoping to deter the chief alchemist from moving any further up for the remainder of the day as night drew closer and the winds harsher.

Bitterly, you and Albedo climbed up the mountain (with several breaks for warming). Time certainly wasn't on your side as the two of you moved upwards, only making it at the halfway mark before calling it a day.

Camping up in Dragonspine was a goddamn nightmare as strong icy winds often made the fire you worked on slowly disappear. Picking a specific location was important for Albedo as he wanted a quiet place where he would be able to conduct experiments.

The two of you settled in a cove near the ancient palace. It was an enclosed space and building a proper fire was much easier than out in the open.

Night befell the two of you. The dim orange glow of the fire provided the two of you enough light to see your little camp. Embers crackled as the fire illuminated the camp.

"Are you cold, dear?" Albedo asked, handing you a cup of hot tea prepared by him. You smiled at him softly, "I'm okay— it's not that cold anymore..."

He moved to your side, closing the space between the two of you. Only about a couple of months ago, the two of you were just close friends. After that day of him caring for you whilst you were sick, you came around to confess to him in which he reciprocated.

To yours and many others' surprise, Albedo is quite affectionate. His gestures were fleeting but it showed that he cares. You often found yourself in his arms after a long day (behind closed doors, of course).

The alchemist is a bit touch starved so being around you gave him the leeway to present himself in a brand new light.

"Albedo...?"

You felt his arms embrace you from behind, pulling you close. The warmth of his body made you feel at ease. "Hm...?" He hummed quietly in response.

"Thanks for looking after me as always," you muttered, placing your hand over his as you leaned into his gentle touch.

"It's no issue," he replied, resting his head in the crook of your neck. "Shall we get ready for bed, dear? It's best if we rest up for tomorrow's long trip."

"E-Eh? Are we sharing a bed—"

"Of course. It would conserve body heat. Not to mention beneficial for us to bond."

"B-BOND?!"