Chapter 7

General Feng Manor

Feng Xujin has been living in his study room for the past few days so he has no idea about the rumours going around.

Footsteps can be heard so he immediately look up to see who had the nerves to disturb him in the middle of settling important matter.

The new guard could feel the murderous aura that exudes from the general.

He is afraid of his wrath but he must tell the general about the rumours that involving him.

"What is it?" This line only add up the fear in the guard.

Telling himself to stop shaking he began,

"Master there is a rumour about you going around the capital. Should we shut it down?" Feeling a bit relieved, he finally calm down.

"Let it be. Act like usual."

"But... but the rumour actually involved Young Miss Li Wei Wei as well....."

Once this sentence being said, the general look up in a speed motion.
A dangerous glint shone in the his eyes.

It was obvious that he was displeased and even in the dark, the guard could feel that he is furious.

Feng Xujin furiously said,
"What is the rumour about?"

He didn't know why master react so differently when he mention the young miss name.

"It is about Miss Li Wei Wei tried to seduce general. They said she is a shameless woman who likes to seduce man. Some of them said that they saw the young miss hug you."

Hearing this, furious would be an understatement. Feng Xujin were trembling with rage. But he try to stay calm.

"How dare they spread such rumour."

"Shadow guard." Hearing that the master was furious, he didn't waste anytime to appear in front of the master.

"Settle this matter quickly and quietly."

Indeed, he didn't care about his image as it has been tarnished since a long time but he feel somehow irritated with her involvement.

"Understood master. I will leave first." He is in the middle of leaving when he is stop by master's voice.

"Lastly, check her condition and report to me immediately."

Feng Xujin is bothered by the image of her feeling down because of the rumours.

He couldn't understand about this new feelings. Feng Xujin finally make a decision to regard his feeling as a feeling of indebted.

'Maybe it was because she cared for me so I tried to repay back?'

—————

A bird chirping indicate that his guards has some news. In the small paper, his guard informed him that the rumours has slow down.

This morning he head straight to the palace. He has been summon by the emperor to enter the palace as soon as possible.

Feng Xujin could tell that it is about reward for his victory in the war. It is a normal gift which is silver and jade.

He quickly entered the palace. Glancing around he saw that the officials already get into their own positions. Greeting the emperor with respect. He just want to get this over.

"Is there any important matter that Your Majesty called me in today?"

"The Great General has come to a marriageable age. So Zhen will bestowed you a wedding with one of the minister's daughter."

The last sentence made all the official gasps. The emperor trying to set up a wedding for the most feared general.

Everyone know that they couldn't afford to act carelessly towards Feng Xu Jin. He held the military power. If he wants, he could rise up a revolt.

Feng Xujin didn't saw this coming but he maintain his mood.

"This general hadn't thought about marriage as I was busy. But since Your Majesty think for my sake. I will think about it."

He can just refuse it but he need to save some face for the emperor sake. He wouldn't let the officials look down on their ruler.

After Feng Xujin left, the officials brag about their own daughter.

As soon as the officials went home, they tell their daughter to make some effort to seduce the general.

In a gust of wind, the news of the general getting married passed by everyone's ear in the capital. All the ladies trying to appear pleasantly in front of the general.

Some even feel disappointed as if they knew who the general is going to choose.

All of them predicted it was the Prime Minister Jiang's daughter Jiang Liyao.

Prime Minister Jiang is considered one of the most powerful official in the capital. So it is considered normal if Jiang Liyao get to marry The General.

—————

Chang An City

In a luxury tea shop, there are few lady talking about who is going to be the bride of the general.

"I believe it is going to be me. Because I'm the most beautiful and my father got more power than the rest of the officials." Jiang Liyao said it with arrogance.

"All of you just need to wait for invitation to my and the general's wedding! I promise you it will be the biggest wedding ever"

Interrupted by someone, Jiang Liyao quickly look over who dare to interrupt her.

"Is it true you and the general are going to get marry?" Li Wei Wei asked in a worried tone.

Li Wei Wei and Qiqi happen to go to the same tea shop. She accidentally heard that the general is getting married. Naturally, she is happy for him and she hope that the lady is kind.

But when Jiang Liyao said it was her that getting married to the general, she felt her world shattered. She is afraid that the thing in the novel will repeat itself.

"Yes. Why are you jealous? You better leave my general alone! And..." Before she could finish talking, Li Wei Wei already leave.

Li Wei Wei couldn't hear Jiang Liyao swearing at her or anything around her.

She felt like she has failed. Jiang Liyao is actually the character as the general's wife who left him for another men.

"No No it can't be happen again! Qiqi what am I supposed to do?" Her eyes filled with tears. Li Wei Wei feel so frustrated.

Qiqi couldn't do anything except hugging her miss.

"It is okay miss. I don't know any of the things you're saying but I know it had some relation with the general right?"

"Hmm." Li Wei Wei humming while thinking for some ways.

"Qiqi let's head to the Feng Manor! I cannot wait anymore."

"But miss it is not proper for unmarried lady to visit a man at his manor." Qiqi is afraid of another rumour about her miss.

"I don't care let's go." Li Wei Wei drag Qiqi along the way. She just wanted to talk to him. Should she send a letter? That would take a long period right? Why is ancient rules is so many?

********

P.S.
Change a bit on this chapter due to a lot of complaint 😂