Chap 47 - Baby Knights

First of all, I don't know anything about giving birth. So plz excuse any mistake.

Artorius's pov
____________________

We were able to go to the most closest pack which thankfully was an allie of us.

It has been almost 12 hours since she was in the delivery room. And here I am freaking out.

"hey calm down, man." Viladmir said to me. I ignored him and continued walking back and forth.

I still can't believe it. My mate is giving birth right now. To our pups. We are officially going to be parents. It feels so surreal. In a good way.

"sit down, Art." Warren said to me.

"I can't. I can't. It has been 12 hours! What if something is wrong? What if something happened to Aerowyn or our pups? What if-"

"hey hey! Calm down. Everything will be alright. Remember, they are fighters. 3 of them are." Darren said to me comfortingly. I sighed.

Just when I was about to go and sit down, a nurse came out. "the father can come in now."

My face brightened. I practically ran to the room.

I saw my mate. She was laying on the bed. She looked tired. She was sleeping. A smile made its way to my lips.

I walked towards her. I saw the 2 babies in the baby bed next to hers. (A/N - I don't know what it is called.)

One was wrapped in a baby blue blanket while the other was wrapped in a light pink blanket. They both has light black hair like me.

A little prince and a little princess.

I felt tears come out of my eyes. My heart swelled with love. I leaned towards the babies and touched their faces lightly. They were both sleeping too. Everytime they breathe, their tiny little mouth opens.

But that wasn't the thing that I noticed the most. It was their hand. They were holding each other's hand in a tight grip. My son was holding my daughter's hand.

I leaned back and went towards my mate. I leaned down and kissed her forehead. "thank you so much, my love." I whispered.

Her brows furrowed a bit before they opened slightly. "Art." she breathed out as she smiled. I pecked her soft lips and helped her sit a bit.

She looked at the babies. "I want to hold them. Have you?"

"I- I- what if I hurt them? I don't know how to." I stuttered.

"I will tell you how to." she said chuckling. And I took the girl as she instructed me. And gave her to Aerowyn.

I took the boy and sat beside my mate.

"they look beautiful." I said. "they do. They are so precious." my mate sniffled and leaned against my chest. I smiled with tears in my eyes once again.

"we are parents now." I said. "we are." she smiled.

The girl made a sound and opened her eyes. "wow." I gasped. Her eyes were like Aerowyn's. Amber. But they held specks of ocean blue like mine.