Surprise?

Avengers Compound:

Steve stood in the doorway still.

"River, tell me what?" He repeated

River smiled slightly.

"Not my place to tell." She said "Ask your wife."

She stood and moved away from the door. Steve walked over and pushed it open.

"Babe? Tell me what?" He asked, looking at his wife.

Emily opened her mouth to speak before covering it with her hand and putting a finger up. She bent over the toilet, puking again. Steve scooped her hair back away from her face, and sat on the floor behind her, rubbing her back gently.

She sat back, leaning against his chest.

  "Tell me what?" He asked again, not letting it go.

  She grabbed his hand and moved it to her stomach.

"I'm pregnant." She said quietly

He smiled, flattening his hand against her stomach.

  "Are you serious?" He asked, laughing a little.

She nodded. He stood and picked her up.

  "I'm gonna be a dad." He whispered, holding her in a tight hug.

He was trying not to cry while holding back a million fears. Could he keep them safe? Was he good enough? 

River had left during their conversation. They were alone when they left the bathroom.

They walked back to the common area.

  "You missed Clint and Sam." Nat said,cleaning up the twins faces

"What were you two doing anyway?" Tony asked, biting into a burrito.

Steve gave Emily a look that screamed "can I tell them?". She laughed and nodded. Bucky rolled his eyes at his best friend's excitement. He looked like an over excited golden retriever. He was practically bouncing.

  "Spit out." Peter said,hanging upside down from an open vent.

He had a smirk on his face. He already knew.

Tony made a gesture of encouragement while Natasha and River tried not to laugh.

  "I'm gonna be a dad!" He blurted out

Tony's face lit up. He ran over, racing Bucky to congratulate Steve and hug Emily.

  "Oh thank god it's Emily and not River." Tony laughed

Bucky glared at him. Loki was standing in the corner, a smile on his face.

"Maybe now you'll lock your doors at night." Loki said "It's far too easy to get in while you're sleeping."

Steve's head snapped to Loki.

  "You've been coming to my house while we sleep?"

"You're okay with a jolly fat man in a red suit doing it but not me?" He asked

"The jolly fat man isn't real." Emily said

"Then lock your doors." Loki replied.

Emily rolled her eyes.

"The real question is do we tell Clint and Sam or let them find out when they come home?" Nat joked