No Safe Haven

Bury The Light (Male Faunus!Vergil!Reader x Pyrrha Nikos)

Part 26

It was darkness until an arcing slash of fire moves across the black screen, quickly followed by another before two more fiery arcs slash appear. An irregular circle of flame bursts outward from the center, revealing behind the black a panting Emerald who is in a large empty room.

Four Beowolves approach Emerald, in a semicircle formation.  She swings her left arm at them, sending another slash of fire. It cuts through the middle of all four Grimms and they disintegrate away.

Emerald pants again as heavy footsteps approach from her left. She gasps and looks in their direction as a Fury leaps into the air, ready to deliver a blow to her with its blade. The New Fall Maiden quickly pulls back her right arm and pushes a ball of flame right at it which kills the Grimm creature.

As its body disappears, Emerald falls to her knees, breathing heavily.

Salem:"Enough."

Salem walks forward while Emerald continues to struggle for normal breathing.

Salem:"You have done quite well, child. When the time comes, victory is ours to claim."

Emerald:"Th-Thank you."

Salem:"Now, if you you wish to master your new powers, you must-"

She is then cut off by the sound of heavy doors opening. On the opposite end of the stone hall, a sobbing Tyrian enters the room. He falls to his knees once in the room, both hands flat on the floor and his head bowed.

Tyrian:"I'm sorry. She'll forgive me. Pleeeease. Forgive me."

Salem:"Tyrian!"

Salem stands before him and Tyrian raises his body but remains sitting on his legs while Emerald rises from the stone floor behind Salem.

Salem:"Your task - were you successful?"

Tyrian:"N-No."

Salem also looks surprised for a moment before narrowing her eyes and walking away as Tyrian starts begging.

Tyrian:"But-but hope is not lost! My tail, my stinger... I-I poisoned him, Qrow! He will not be a nuisance to you any longer, no... no longer! I've done that... have I done well? Have I pleased you?"

Salem:"The last eye is blinded... you disappoint me."

Salem leaves and Tyrian falls forward, wailing as a Beowolf approaches him. It leaps upon him but Tyrian sends it away with a single blow and it lands on its back before he opens his weapons and leaps atop the Beowolf.

He slashes at it repeatedly, tears streaming down his face as his wails gradually turn into laughter as he butchers the Grimm while Emerald watches in horror.

Meanwhile, a few buildings in the abandoned Kuroyuri collapses. and RY, NPR, Ozpin and (Y/N) fall back to the dead sakura tree where Qrow is still unconscious and propped against it.

Ren looks up and grits his teeth as Berial comes into view. The Grimm growls and looks at them.

Berial:"You.."

Berial then points at (Y/N).

Berial:"That scent..you are Sparda and Salem's infamous spawn."

The Grimm then takes out his Zweihander as he faces the team.