Nine of Hearts - Part Three

"Hey lady! Get a hold of yourself!"

After a good fifteen minutes, Handbag was still crying and mumbling to herself over and over that she did not want to die.

Although she still was not quite sure as to why they were brought here, and why they were forced to play the game, but Red Dress was starting to understand a little better. If they wanted to continue living, they had no choice but to play on or end up like Beard.

Ironic though, because she never cared whether she lived or died. Either way, her life was not something that held value to anyone nor herself. Still, she thought the game itself was interesting. Certainly entertaining, watching as these people were freaking out and fighting to be the last one standing.

"Hey! Snap out of it! I've been patient but I'm sick of your crying. Shut the fuck up!"

Glasses had finally taken off his mask to reveal his true emotions. All this time, pretending to be the smartest in the room when he was no better than Handbag or Beard. He was scared too, it was in his eyes.

"Don't tell me to shut up!" Handbag screamed back. "You're sick! All of you! Why would you play a game and kill someone? You're a murderer!"

"It's either you or me, bitch. This is life, get used to it!"

"You're a murderer!"

"Shut the fuck up, bitch!"

"Fine! I'll battle you!"

PLAYER BATTLE

(V) ??? VS QUEEN

Out of nowhere, Handbag challenged Glasses.

It was clear that she did not think the battle through, she just wanted to end this. Or well, shut Glasses up. The screen lit up, revealing the losing card to be the Queen.

The noose tightened around Handbag, dragging her to the edge and eventually over it.

Though it was a pity, there was one less person in the game now.

Looking over to Glasses, Red Dress was half expecting him to be celebrating his win. She smiled, seeing the micro expression on his face. All this time, he had been acting like the smartest person in the room when really, he was no different to Handbag or Beard. The way his eyes were trembling, he was scared too.

CURRENT CARDS

RED DRESS - COLOURLESS JOKER, ACE

GLASSES - ???

BEARD - JACK

HANDBAG - QUEEN

LAST MAN - ???

"Well, there's three of us left. Let's not waste any more time," Glasses said.

His panic lasted only for a few seconds and instantly, he went back to trying to control the situation.

It was almost laughable, his behaviour. Though it certainly made things far more interesting than it already had been.

"So this is where I die," the quiet man said, letting out a soft laugh. "There's no way I'm winning this game so I'll battle you." He pointed at Red Dress. "Please win for us."

Unexpectedly, the man who barely spoke had chosen Red Dress for his battle. He was right, however, that he was not going to win the game. And he knew Red Dress knew. He did not know when, but she knew what cards they all held. He knew that in the end, she would come out victorious. Which was why he chose to battle her. He did not want to die in the hands of someone like Glasses.