Chapter 20

Vivaan's POV

Last night was amazing! She opened up to me. Finally! I was surprised to see her cry, but I'm glad it was me then. At least we are getting closer now.

I decided to take the souvenir from Hyderabad with me to gift to her. I hope she likes it. I hope she smiles like she used to. That smile, the one she sometimes flashed on the bus, made her eyes sparkle and crinkle. It was the most beautiful smile I had seen.

I don't know what exactly had changed since the school closed but she looked more tired and unhappy than usual. I wished she would open up to me more and tell me more about her mysterious life.

***

Kimora's POV

I was tired of all the shopping and packing I had done in the afternoon. Dad had a day off, so he decided to buy me all the stuff that I would need for my new boarding school. Honestly, though, I never imagined it to be this hectic.

"You'd need 10 pairs of underwear? What for?" 

"Dad, we need to wash them by ourselves!"

"And why do you need these clips and rubbers and hairbrushes and creams and whatnot?"

"Dad, that's for keeping ourselves neat and tidy, you know. We gotta be prepared for everything!"

"And you even need to shop for ethnic wear, Kim! How will we buy it?"

"We'll figure it out. I still have a month!"

***

I was pretty relieved to go to the park actually. To be honest, I just wanted to sleep on my bed but dad wouldn't have let me. He would have forced me to get those dusty suitcases that we never opened and sort through them for some clothes.

Also, I really wanted to share my day with someone. And I think I knew just who to tell about it. Vivaan Dutt.

***

Vivaan's POV

When I met Kimora sitting on the side of the park, I was pretty surprised. Usually, she manages to worm her way through a game. Were the guys not letting her play football? Unusual.

"Hey Kim, what happened?" 

"Uh... nothing?!" 

"No, I mean, you're sitting. You are usually seen playing."

"Oh, that! Well, I am tired. My dad didn't let me take a rest the entire afternoon."

"Tell me about it."

"You're being sarcastic or you want me to tell you about it?"

"No, like, share your day with me."

"Okay. Let's walk and talk, huh? It's too noisy here, what with Rishi's speaker playing."

"Sure!"

Jackpot! Well, not really. But I had her all to myself for a few minutes at least. 

***

Did I say a few minutes? We talked for more than an hour while we took rounds of the park. She opened up to me easily. She spoke about her day, how her dad was panicking about... well, everything and how she had to buy so many stuff and unpack so many things to take to her new school.

"I wish you wouldn't leave," I had mumbled during our conversation. "You know how my last year was. After that, do you really think I would have wanted to stay?" she asked me. I didn't know exactly how her last year was, but I wasn't going to pry. Not now.