Chapter 2- the spy

It would be soon.
That's all the man with unkempt hair thought. He was playing the part of an injured soldier, minus a leg and an eye. Nothing new to him they would grow back eventually. Not that he cared. Unlike his sister who has infiltrated the main city with his old captain-lovers that they were. He had no interest in doing so.
His aim was higher. He was going to kill everyone of those entitled pricks who thought sending people to their deaths and creating titans to meet their maker.
As he sat there he ached to attack the man he had once thought was a hero, Reiner- who looked older, more solemn than he ever had been. He took looked unkempt and at war with himself.
That pleased the unkempt man. He should suffer. They all had after all because of him.
He thought the traitors eyes washed over him, and they locked on him for a moment but then passed over. The second man- the man who was his half brother and the beast Titan that had nearly killed his sister, he too looked the unkempt man over. But nothing seemed to familiarise with the boy he had seen back on the island. His eyes too washed over.
What made him angry was that these people welcomed them back like heroes. Celebrated their returns like they were important.
He had to inform his sister- but that would have to wait until she walked by-looking different to remain undetected. He barely recognised her in that get up. She had become like an alien- an imposter. Just so they could take the Marley people down.
She would be walking by later on, her and Jean a fellow comrade in arms. His captain would be recognised if he walked past-having not changed in the last four years.
No that was wrong. He had. Because of his sister. He was still the same man- but his expressions had changed. He had opened up more. Had told them his story of where he had come from, on that journey here.
He was startled from his thoughts by a young boy- blond who like him wore an armband with that star.
"Hey your armband is on the wrong arm." He said and he moved it to the right one for the unkempt man. He then stood, the unkempt man watched him.
This boy he had seen in his dreams. He had been connected to him, showing him what flying through the air really like. And not in one of those machines they used.
The man who was supposed to be helping those injured just caused them more pain.
The boy he saw his expression. It was sad. He too must have seen war, nothing like the unkempt man had.
The unkempt man got to his feet slowly and painfully. The boy noticed this and helped him stand, handing him a crutch to use.
He- the unkempt man would be taken to a hospital, there he would be treated for amnesia and PTSD whatever that was.
It fit him well- the role of a soldier who had amnesia and PTSD.

With Layla.

I had donned my disguise again. I hated walking past that concentration camp, for that is what it was. I had learned about those at school in my old world, it's uncanny likeness to the Holocaust was unsettling. And it shot icy shivers down my spine.
Levi had given me a chaste kiss on the cheek before he had closed the door on me. Jean too seemed affected by the camp. He hated that Eldians- who we were, me being honorary of course, were being treated this way. It took a lot for him to carry on walking. Especially when he saw a young boy merely yesterday who looked like one of our comrades who had fallen years ago, a mere cadet just out of training. He had almost broken down there and then. Our comrade was one of his friends. Fallen at the hands of titans- Eldians who were being turned into those man eating mindless monsters. A monster I had once believed I was.
It was hard. Being here- separated from the ones I cared about. All in separate locations. Unsure if one had been captured.
We were unable to tell, being unable to read their newspapers. Some of the words I did understand, that must have been because of my ability.
I worked. Like the others.
Jean worked where I was, so he pretended to be my brother. Hence why he always chaperoned me. Our places of work lay just past their camp.
I a singer and he a barman in the same place I sang. He had changed his hairstyle as we had seen one of those traitors- mainly the beast Titan appear in the bar.
I was lucky I had a wig. Made from horse hair of course. One of those fallen horses from the war had been useful in death and I hated it. It itched.
The beast Titan just stared as I sang. But since he had only heard my voice from under a hood and seen only my Titan form- I looked nothing like it.
I tried to sing Marleyan songs, and I butchered them sometimes but the men that came to this place didn't care. They were drinking away their sorrows- like they had any.