Chapter 7

After having a meal, Song Ying started to get sleepy. Perhaps due to the medicine, she felt drowsy and also really exhausted. After everything she has been through today, she just wanted to lay down and have a good rest.

Whatever... I will sleep first and think what to do next when I wake up tomorrow. Sleep always comes first no matter what !

After she decided, Song Ying looked at the man in front of her who was tidying up what she had eaten.

It's already pretty late. Did he plan to stay here tonight and take care of me ? It can't be right?

If Li Jun stay beside her and watch her sleep like when she was eating earlier, she was a hundred percent sure she won't be able to fall asleep for the whole night no matter how much she wanted to sleep.

She knew she was being a bit unreasonable here, but she couldn't help it. Even her face had already started heating up as she recalled his burning gaze a while ago.

Finally, she mustered some courage and decided to tell him to go back.

When the man noticed she was looking at him like she wanted to say something, he immediately asked her with a worried tone.

"What's wrong? Do you feel uncomfortable somewhere?"

Song Ying was a girl who always speak confidently and straight to the point without beating around the bush. But she didn't know why, whenever she met with gentle and caring eyes, she felt nervous for no reason.

Also, now that she is in Bai Xiu Ying body, she was kinda afraid of hurting his feelings if she said something wrong.

Then Song Ying finally said him with her sparkling eyes and beautiful smile.

"Umm Jun then.. why don't you go have dinner and come back tomorrow...I mean you must have some work to do right....I can also get discharge by myself if you are not free tomorrow. And also thank you very much for everything today."

Honestly, even though she decided to tell him to go back, a small part of her want him to stay with her, but she quickly denied that feeling.

On the other side, her words indeed hurt the poor man. After he heard what she just said, his movements stopped for a few seconds.

So she didn't want me to stay with her.

Is she that uncomfortable around me?.

And why did she thank me like we were some sort of strangers? As if her friendly actions towards him for the whole time was just like a dream.

Although he wanted to insist that he will stay, he decided not to make her uncomfortable.

"Alright. Then you get some rest. I will go back and come again tomorrow morning. And here is my card with my personal phone number. Or you can ask the hospital to call me if anything happen. Li Jun said as he forced a smile weakly, if she looked carefully, there were some sadness and loneliness in his brown eyes.

After Li Jun went out, the whole room turned silent.

Song Ying then lied down and slowly closed her eyes. After some time, sleep finally enveloped her.
..............................

Meanwhile, the person who was asked to go back was sitting on the bench at the end of the corridor. His back was leaning against the wall with his eyes closed.

Today was such an emotional roller coaster for him. Never in his life he thought he would meet her again in this kind of situation. He came to visit one of his business partner who just had a minor operation in this hospital met her on his way back.

She was lying unconscious on the patient trolley and shocked would be an understatement when he first spotted her. He had to looked twice to made sure it was really her.

She was his first friend and someone who was really important in his life.

To be honest, he was pretty nervous while waiting for her to open her eyes. He thought he would meet with her usual cold and haughty eyes like before.

But what he didn't expect was her personality would change this drastically within these years. She felt like a completely different person with the same face.

This Xiao Ying made him feel so many emotions in one day. Her warm gaze and her friendly tone made him want to get closer to her, the current her made him feel something....different and foreign that he didn't know how to name that feelings.

Maybe because we meet each other as an adult unlike when we were kids.

But he knew that was not the case. Her sparkling eyes whenever she looked at him feel like he was some sort of precious gemstone in the world. It made him feel so....worthy and special.

Stop it. Why would she look at you like that? She didn't even contact you all these years while she had contact with your brother for the whole time. He thought bitterly and stopped himself from overthinking in the end.

As Song Ying was sleeping soundly without knowing anything, the man stayed awake for the whole night and checked her from time to time.

Hey guys! What do you think about my story so far? Please let me know your opinions on the comment below. And thank you so much for all the votes and support guys. It really means alot to me ❤