Chapter Sixty: Not You, Too

I raced into the room. "Is it on?" I asked Declan.

"Not yet!" He answered.

I held back a squeal and jumped over the couch. I acted like an Olympics gymnast and held my arms out as if I finished a performance. The guys grabbed pieces of paper, scribbled something on it, then held out the numbers. Jordan and Bennett gave me decent points of eight and eight and a half, but Declan on the other hand...

I frowned. "A six, how come?"

Declan did a one shoulder shrug, not shrugging with his bad shoulder. "I just think you could've stuck the landing better."

"I'd like to see you do it better then."

"Can't," he said regretfully. "My shoulder-"

"Playing the "I got shot" card again, huh?" Jordan asked.

"But I did get shot!" Declan retorted back.

"Well you could have always tried avoiding it. The people in the movies can always do it."

Declan let out a sigh. "Please don't tell me you're talking about The Matrix or Star Wars."

"I have to side with Declan on this one," I cut in. "Only people freakishly good at limbo can avoid bullets Matrix style. And Storm Troopers suck at shooting, even worse that... well me. You can literally walk right by them and not get shot."

"First of all, you betrayed Star Wars," Jordan said, pointing at me.

"I did not!" I said. "I just face facts, besides most of the space logic is destroys..."

"Don't give in to the dark side!" Jordan said before looking back at Declan. "And still, that's no excuse."

"Well, I had good reason for it," was all Declan could say.

I looked at Bennett for a tiebreaker, but the moment Declan said that, Bennett said, "Enough with this," in order to stop the argument before it could turn to a fight. "Now why are you two so happy today?" He asked to change the subject, referring to Declan and I.

"Isn't it obvious?" I asked.

"It's the game coming up," Declan answered. "Paladins vs Mustangs."

I glared at Declan with a smirk on my face. "And the Paladins are going to win."

He laughed at my face. "Not on my watch, the Mustangs will kick your ass."

"After the game when the Paladins will, I'm going to say, 'wow, the other team Mustank."

"That's not even proper grammar."

"I'd like to see you do better.

Declan paused for a moment then let out a sigh. "Alright I got nothing."

"Yeah, because we're going to Pala-win."

"I don't mean to sound sexist or anything," Bennett began.

"But you do," I finish.

"I get Declan liking sports because well, he's a guy."

"I'm still waiting for the test results," Jordan whispered to me, making me snicker.

"But how come you like sports Naomi?" Bennett finished.

"Unless you're being cliché by breaking the stereotype that sports are only for guys," Jordan said.

"Well I'm not if I have a good reason for it," I said. "I don't have much to do on the weekends in the cruel world of my bullies, so I like to stay in the safety of my home. Usually I get bored with the TV shows I got, especially when they took out the classic good ones, so I got stuck watching games with my dad. It turned out fun despite my mom's attempts to reel me back to the girlish side which she kinda did. But at the same time, she didn't want to ruin that father and daughter time, I guess."