(17) The Rooftop ☆

- Miles Adair -
Sunday

I woke up feeling a sharp pain in my head I sat up as the memories from last night started flowing into my head, I rubbed my swollen eyes and got up.

I picked my phone up and saw the new large crack on the screen,

I sighed walking towards my bathroom I stood in front of my mirror resting my hands on the sink watching my reflection in cringe.

I looked like a mess.

I picked up my toothbrush squeezing the toothpaste tube until there was enough toothpaste on the brush; I brushed my teeth washing my face afterward.

"Miles are you awake yet?"
Nia yelled from downstairs.

"Yeah"
I replied.

She knocked on the room's door then entered she raised an eyebrow as she scanned the room then her eyes landed on me making her frown.

"Are you okay?"
She asked and I nodded.

"Just my allergies"
I lied and she nodded swiftly as a response.

"Laura, Alec and Tatum are coming over for lunch sooo get ready"
She said and my heart skipped a beat at his name.

"What? Why?"
I blurted out.

"What do you mean why? Kobe wanted to get to know the woman that sheltered me after his brother kicked me out also he knows how close we are to them-"
She explained but I stopped her midway.

"We? No Nia you are close to them, I am not."
I shook my head walking to the closet.

"What is up with you? You were out with Alec till 12am last night"
She asked frowning.

"Tell dad I'm not going to be here for lunch"
I said grabbing my phone.

"What?!"
She said unbelievably.

"Just do it bye"
I said jogging downstairs and shutting the door behind me.

I don't know what am I doing or where I am heading, all I know was that I needed to be away from him.

I took my bike and rode it to I have no clue where.

I felt the cold wind against my skin as I quickened my speed taking a left, I ended up at some cafe not so far away from school. I parked the bike and got into the cafe.

I looked up from the ground to see one of the three people I'm trying to avoid.

She smiled warmly when she saw me.

"Hey!"
Laura greeted me.

"Uh I- um hi"
I mumbled quietly.

I looked up and saw stairs that probably lead to the roof.

"Do you want to go up there?"
She asked me tilting her head.

I nodded.

"Welp go then, I usually don't let anyone up there but you look like you need it"

I smiled mumbling a quick thank you before climbing up the stair pushing the door open to be quickly greeted by the cold wind I shut the door behind me and turned around.

I went and sat on the floor leaning towards the half wall surrounding the roof I looked up and stared at the beautiful blue sky dotted with white clouds.

I sighed pulling my sleeves over my hands resting my head against the wall.

——-
I've been here for over five hours doing absolutely nothing, I pulled my phone out checking my notifications.

4 missed calls from Dad
19 missed calls from Nia
8 new messages from Nia
3 missed calls from Ale <3
15 new texts from Ale <3

The roof door suddenly opened and my blood completely drained as I looked up to see the one person I wasn't planning on seeing.

"Miles? What are you doing here? Are you okay?"
Alec quickly came and crouched in front of me looking at me with so much worry in his eyes.

"God! You scared us."
He said pushing a hair strand away from my eyes.

I flinched away and a quick wave of surprise, hurt, fear? Crossed over his face for a second.

"Can you stop this? I don't have it in me to try again, Alec."
He frowned shaking his head.

"What are you talking about?"
He asked and I pushed him backward, tried to.

"No matter how many times I try. it always has the same outcome, Alec."
I said chocking over a sob in my throat.

"Heartbroken?"
He asked confusingly and I lost it.

"Yes! Because I should have never caught feelings for you in the first place I should have never let you get closer to me, you and your stupid handsome face or your beautiful smile you're going to hurt me-"
My eyes widened and my hand flew to my mouth as I realized what I just said.

He raised his hand to touch me but hesitated midway looking me in the eyes.

I slowly nodded and he sighed gently lifting my chin to look at him cupping my face afterward.

"Miles I would hate myself if I ever hurt you"
He said softly as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I thought I did something wrong because you left me on read and wouldn't answer me, I thought I will fix whatever I have done when I see you at dinner but you weren't there and my heart ached for every hour that passes and you're still not there until the mom finally told me you were here"
He said wiping my tear with his thumb.

"I don't want to ever hear you say you don't mean anything to me, Okay?"
He asked and I slowly nodded.

He pulled me into his arms as I helplessly sobbed in his chest wetting his shirt.

He whispered soothing words into my hair as he rubbed my back.

After what felt like forever I pulled back and looked at him, "What does this mean?" I asked him wiping my eye with my sleeve.

"It means that I like you too dummy"
He said grinning.

"Can I kiss you?"
Alec asked and it took me by surprise but there is nothing I wanted more than to kiss him,

I nodded and before I could reach his lips were on mine.

It's happening.
I'm kissing him.
I'm kissing Alec Beckett.