thirty

"what the fuck did you do, Maya?" A voice interupts us from our conversation and fear took over my body.

Harry.

Standing there.

Just staring at me.

I didn't know what to do. Malfoy didn't know what to do. It's too late. He already knows about my arm. His assumptions about Draco are now confirmed.

"I- I can explain this... Harry please let me explain this." I beg but I know from the expression on his face that nothing can fix this. I step closer to him, slightly in front of Draco who is watching the both of us.

"No. Don't come near me. You're a monster, Maya." He says, shaking his head and looking at me with disappointment. The same way he looked at me the day of the sorting. That same facial expression that haunts me as my only family is staring at me like i'm the worst kind of person.

"You- you don't know the whole story.. Please let me explain this." I continue to beg.

"I was right about you this whole time." Harry says, looking at me and only me.

"Oh would you shut the fuck up, Potter." Draco says as he stands in front of me slightly, protectively. "She's your sister. Let her fucking explain."

"She stopped being my sister the second she got sorted into Slytherin." Harry spat. "I knew something like this would happen."

"Would you let me explain...? It's not what you think."

"He's trying to kill me, Maya." Harry shouts.

"It wasn't her choice." Draco says but Harry shoots him a warning glare and then smirks.

"You need Malfoy to protect you. I should've known you two would be the two that go against me."

"No one's going against you." I say.

"Having that mark makes you the enemy." Harry explains.

"For fuck sakes, Potter. I knew you were a piece of shit but I didn't think you were stupid." Draco spat as he took my arm to show Harry the scars and the irritated skin around the mark. "It wasn't her fucking choice." he repeats.

Harry stares at the ugly dark mark on my wrist and his eyes flicker for a moment before he shakes his head.

"If she didn't want the mark, why does she have it?" He asks, staring up at the both of us.

I pause. He's just going to get mad at me for the reasoning.

"The dark lord attacked her once he found out-" Draco paused. He knows how this is going to look to Harry too.

"Yes?" Harry says. He knows too, he just wants us to say it.

"Because he found out about Draco and I. He gave me the choice to get the mark or die. I refused and he gave me it anyway." I blurt out.

"I told you that Draco is dangerous but you don't listen to me." Harry says, looking at Malfoy now. "You just couldn't leave her out of this, could you?"

I can't take it.

He's blaming Draco without even knowing the story.

"He tried to tell me, Harry. He pushed me away and I wouldn't leave him alone." I explain but Harry's done listening.

"All Slytherin's are the same." He spat.

"Harry-"

"Shut the fuck up, Potter." Draco spat.

"Draco-"

"You just had to put her in danger, didn't you?" Harry shouts.

"Oh fuck off. You don't even stop to think that maybe I actually care about her?" Malfoy shouts.