twelve

"Okay, where do I start?" Chaerin sighed as she plopped onto the sofa in between Mark and Jaemin in the living room.

All of the members were now situated around the living room ready to listen to her story since some of the members made a fuss and the others were curious about what was happening so they filled each other in.

Chaerin didn't want to share every detail of the story, since, well she didn't know a lot of these people personally.

She knew her batchmates and Mark but not as if they were all best friends.

"My dad gambled a lot and he owed one of the gangs, the hēi màn bā gang," she gestured with her hands, "He went into hiding somewhere, don't know, don't care, so the gang went after my brother instead, Even though he didn't owe them anything,"

"I was infuriated after it happened, tried to track them down for a few weeks, traced them back to China, went to China, went to their headquarters, figured I really didn't know what I was doing and was just very angry, messed around a bit and left."

"Any questions? Nothing?" Chaerin then made a move to stand up.

"Wait," Yuta said.

Mark held her wrist telling her to sit back down, Chaerin pouted and sat back down. Her reaction made Mark chuckle lowly.

"How did you track them down?" Yuta said visibly confused, "It isn't that easy tracking down a gang, much more the hēi màn bā gang,"

"Well, I reached out to a few different people that I knew of and went from there," She answered.

"It's not easy believe me," she frowned, "I only managed to find them since I found somebody they were making deals with,"

"I haven't told this to anyone and I swear if somebody finds out I will track you down too,"

They nodded hiding their amusement.

"Is that why you aren't that fazed by gang matters?" Mark asked her.

She faced Mark, "Well, kind of," She smiled sheepishly.

Mark smiled at her.

"Anything else we need to know?" Taeyong raised a brow.

"No, I guess that's it,"

Jaemin side-hugged Chaerin and the rest of her batchmates went over to her.

"Just tell us if we need to beat someone up!" Jeno beamed and the rest nodded.

"Thanks?" Chaerin laughed and the rest followed.

"Chaerin?" Taeyong called, she glanced to where he was and excused herself from the group.

"Yeah?"

"Luckily we're rivals with the hēi màn bā gang," Taeyong said, "I need all the information you have on them, is that okay with you?" He asked.

"Yeah of course," She nodded.

Taeyong gestured to Ten, "Talk to him about everything."

"Let's go." Ten grinned.

• • •

A week and a half passed by, Chaerin was now living with them temporarily. Due to the situation, she became close with the members and closer with the people in her batch.

It was awkward at first, but the members made sure she felt welcome and was comfortable.

The week passed by peacefully and all the members who attended school or college resumed their daily activities.

The seven high school students all walked back home, loudly chatting among themselves.

Once they entered the mansion, they made their way into the kitchen where most of the members were. The ones who were in college were still not home yet.

"Chaerin!" Ten greeted, "You ready to get back to work?"

"Yeah, give me a sec, I'll be right up,"
Ten nodded and went upstairs.

The members found out she had a talent for tracking and has been helping Ten and Winwin with tracking and organization of missions.

Jisung groaned as he checked the fridge, "I'm hungry," He scanned the kitchen and his eyes landed on Kun, "Can we order bubble tea?"

"No," Kun shook his head, "I'm not getting you bubble tea."

He then scanned the kitchen once more, but this time everybody busied themselves with their phones.

Chaerin raised her hand while looking at her phone, "Go and order, I'll pay," Jisung quickly jumped with joy, thanking Chaerin.

"Just make sure to eat dinner later," Jisung nodded and proceeded to order online.

"What about me?" Chenle asked.

Chaerin rolled her eyes, "Yeah go ahead,"

The rest of the 2000 liners then proceeded to scream of protest why they weren't getting anything.

"Buy your own!" Chaerin answered back, "They're younger so they get a free pass," she shrugged.

Chenle and Jisung then did a high five and smirked at their older members.

"You know my order right?" Chaerin asked Jisung and he nodded. "Oh and get Sungchan something too,"

Another round of protests irrupted.

"Okay!" Jisung answered laughing, typing on his phone.

"I'll be upstairs if anybody needs me," Chaerin waved bye.

Chaerin knocked thrice before entering Winwin and Ten's 'Office' or more like a Den of some sorts filled with different computers and a table on the center with a board on the wall.

The board was filled with different information scattered around, pieces of yarn and pins connecting them all.

"I'm here," Chaerin announced, Ten and Winwin spun their chairs and Ten got up to stand.

"Where did we leave off?" She asked and Ten pointed to the table where they were organizing different information they collected.

"Let's do this."

___________________________

Happy Holidays everyone!___________________________

___________________________

Happy Holidays everyone!___________________________

exhilarating | mark lee
gabrielle_010