Chapter 6

A/N: Because it's Christmas I decided to give you this 6k+ words chapter (not including this author's note.) Merry Christmas everyone!

~o~oOo~o~

"Toast..."

"Sykkuno."

Both brothers just stared at one another, neither are backing down.

As of the moment both of them are in Toast room, with Sykkuno still bedridden due to his fever and Toast staring down at his brother. After a few minutes of silence, Sykkuno finally sighed.

"You promised me that you won't stay at home if my fever went down."

"Yes, but it's still high for me."

"It's just a 38.3C Toast. You told me yesterday that if my fever reached 39C, you'll stay at home but it has gone lower now Toast, you can leave for your... thing."

Toast crossed his arms over his chest "Funny how you remember our conversation yesterday night when you are so out of it. I specifically remember that every time you have a fever that high, you can't even remember the last thing you ate."

Sykkuno chuckled, making Toast raise his eyebrow in question, "You are absolutely right Toast, I can't really remember much of what you told me yesterday night but judging from your statement, I guess I was right."

Sykkuno couldn't stop the small laugh that came out of him when Toast's expression twisted "You little shit." Toast said "You don't get to use my technique against me. That's not how I raised you!"

Sykkuno shrugged making Toast look even more offended for some reason "Technically, it's kinda your fault that I learned how to do that so..." Sykkuno said before smiling "And I learned from the best Toast!"

"My fault!?"

"Ow Toast you don't have to scream you know, I uh... still have a little bit of a headache..."

That made Toast pause for a second, before sighing softly "I'm sorry, fine I'll keep my voice down. But you take back what you said!"

That made Sykkuno smile "Thank you Toast. And nope! You know what? I'm going to tell Mom this!" He said as he laughs "But you'll still need to leave." He added, after all Sykkuno wouldn't want the topic to be out of hand

And thankfully it worked because Toast rubbed his forehead, and that is the kind of thing that his brother does when he thinks really hard that he will probably get a headache out of it. "I can't just leave you here Sykkuno." Toast said with finality in his tone of voice

"Why not?" Sykkuno softly asked

That made Toast look at Sykkuno in disbelief "Because you are sick and you need someone to help you? Jesus Sykkuno."

Sykkuno frowned slightly "I can be left alone Toast, I can handle myself."

Toast looked at him before carefully sitting down on his own bed that is being occupied by his brother, as he directly face Sykkuno "I know you can but..."

Sykkuno gave him a small smile of understanding "...but you worry for me, I get it Toast and I promise you I really appreciate it." Sykkuno finished "But Toast... you can't just neglect your university responsibilities for me, you know that right?"

"Okay... if you can give me one good reason that I should attend, I will."

Sykkuno chuckled "Because you are Toast, and they need you there. What would your competitor say to you if you didn't show up in a practice round?"

Toast looked at him "He can say whatever the shit he can." Toast easily said "I never care about what other people think of me or say about me, you know that right?"