Pastel-noblade, skirt-innit, emo-za, and e-bur

Mostly fluff to start the new year, BUT
TW: implied self-harm and scars, homophobia

——————

Did you know crows aren't native to California? Same with tumbleweeds. There are apparently many non-native plants and animals in California.

And if Techno kept saying "fun-fact" and describing more invasive species Tommy was going think the only thing native was the dirt.

Also, did you know California has a lot of dirt? A whole yellow arrowhead on the map just full of the stuff. In the air, on the ground, twirling in whats apparently called a dust devil; dirt was everywhere.

And Tommy was thrilled to hear this was a preview of Death Valley.

Wilbur said this was the Mojave desert. Tommy saw a sign that Mojave on it, but Wilbur pronounced it differently than it was spelled. He had said it as if the j was an h.

Wilbur was saying it correctly, and Tommy was going to add another word onto the list of things he says painfully wrong.

Death Valley wasn't exactly close, about 4 hours, but it was barely noon so they had a change of plans to kill some time. They were currently pulling into a mall parking lot. Wilbur had the bright idea of truth or dare, and then dared Tommy to put on make up.

As you could guess, they did not have any makeup between the four of them.

Tommy, obviously not going to back down from a dare, suggested stopping at a store and grabbing some basic makeup things, as if he knew what he would even get. Techno, in a moment of pure genius, piped up with a suggestion of them going to a mall and choosing outfits for each other to wear.

As in, makeup, accessories, clothes, everything. They would choose a complete outfit for one other person and that person had to wear it.

Techno regretted his suggestion as soon as he explained it because Wilbur started laughing maniacally. He called dibs on choosing something for Techno and continued laughing.

Tommy called dibs on Wilbur and Phil called it on Tommy, leaving Techno with Phil.

This was going to be chaos.

———

"Clothes first, and, since I doubt we all know each other's sizes, we're sticking together."
"I'm scared for Techno."
"I'm also scared for Techno."
"I'm scared for me. You have no taste."

Techno pulled a "how dare" look and brought his hand up to his chest.

"T-shirts and hoodies look universally good. I have the best taste."
"No taste. I've seen your attempts at looking nice; you sent me pictures."
"... fair enough."
"Techno? Trying to look nice? I need to see that."
"You're going to see him looking very snazzy today. I'll make sure of it."

"Does that mean I'm safe from a dress?"
"I didn't say that."
"HaHa! Technodress!"
"I'd be quiet if I were you, Tommy."
"Oh no. No no no. You're not- you wouldn't- no. No way."
"Mwahaha you better watch out."

———

They had been to two clothing stores and outfits for Wilbur and Techno had been found. Techno had figured out what he was gonna get for Phil, but he needed a very specific store.

Hot topic.

He dragged Philza with an evil smirk towards the edgiest store in the world. After entering, he went to the band tee section.