6, fire.

—

DEMETRI stares down at his phone, feeling discouraged.

"What has you pouting?" Felix asks from across from Demetri.

"If I tell you, you'll probably just belittle me." Demetri shakes his head. "So, no."

Felix rolls his eyes. "I will not!"

Alec, from literally across the giant library, scoffs. "Yes, you will." The boy chides.

"See!" Demetri smiles smugly at his brute counterpart and sinks back into the chair he sits on, phone still clutched in his hands.

"Oh, oh, I think I understand." Felix speaks up after a few quiet seconds. "This is about your little human, isn't it?" He croons teasingly.

Demetri eyes Felix. "And if it is?"

"Well, I'd feel pity for you, then. Letting a human make you so... weepy." Felix scoffs, "What has she done?"

Demetri tilts his head to the side disbelievingly. "You insult me and then expect me to tell you? Felix, what a buffoon you are."

"If you won't tell him," Alec suddenly appears in front of Demetri, "tell me."

"And me." Jane whispers as she pushes through the large library doors.

Demetri rolls his ruby eyes and settles back into his seat. "You three need lives, truly."

"Oh, please." Jane scoffs. "You're the one getting all emotional over a cellular device."

Demetri sighs exasperatedly and raps his fingers against the mahogany desk. "Fine." He gives in. "Elizabeth and I have been... messaging, and I believed we were having quite the time, but..." He shoots his eyes down and becomes silent.

"But...?" Jane urges. "Spit it out, fool." She insults, growing rather impatient at his sudden quietness.

"She read my message but didn't respond! Am I being, what they call, ghosted?" Demetri asks, growing angsty at the mere thought, "Oh my lord, I am, aren't I?"

Jane, Alec and Felix stare at him, trying to bite back their antagonizing laughs.

Demetri stares back, he inhales deeply and places his phone down. "Well? Are you going to stay silent, even though you begged me to tell you?"

Felix takes a deep breath to steady his voice. "Well, send another message!" He advises. "Maybe she didn't receive the first."

"She read it Felix." Jane scoffs with an eyeroll. "Don't say anything else, clearly she is so pretentious that she ignores others. Humans, am I right?"