➽Chapter 31

Adhyan entered the hospital room to see a tired and worn out Revati with a tear stained face

Adhyan entered the hospital room to see a tired and worn out Revati with a tear stained face. He wished he could do something and change everything.

Adhyan walked upto Revati and clutched her hand and as if in cue Revati woke up startling Adhyan. “Revati you sleep again, you need rest.” Revati shook her head negatively in response.

“Why?” Revati uttered a single word and broke down and Adhyan hugged her tightly as if even she would disappear if he left her. “They told that our child died and one was fighting for life, Adhyan!” Revati cried hugging Adhyan and Adhyan felt his eyes becoming moist and before he knew a tear slipped his eye and it soon turned into a stream of tears.

After crying for a while Adhyan and Revati were sitting on the hospital bed in silence as they knew they needed each other the most. The door opened revealing Vritika and Meher and they understood that Revati and Adhyan needed to be alone and were leaving.

“Wait, you'll stay. I'll come back in ten minutes.” Adhyan said and left to go outside but bot before kissing Revati on her forehead lingering for a bit.

It was two minutes that Vritika and Meher left when the door opened again. Adhyan was standing there with a baby in his arms. It was their daughter, their dead daughter. “No Adhyan, don't. I won't be able to!” Revati said as she realised what Adhyan was up to.

Adhyan didn't listen to her and approached her holding out the baby. “No!” Revati denied again. She didn't want to accept the truth. She wanted to believe her daughter was alive.

“Yes Revati, you need to do it for our son, for our future, for us!”, Adhyan said but Revati still denied. Adhyan held out the baby just in front of her and blinked his eyes reassuringly.

Revati couldn't help but admire her baby. Her eyes were closed, her lips were like that of Adhyan while her nose was like Revati. She traced her hand on her face outlining her features. She cried silently and then took the baby out of Adhyan's arms clutching her baby to her chest and crying loudly while Adhyan cried silently, happy that Revati was accepting the truth.

“He doesn't need to know.”,Revati said after a minute of silence. “What?”, Adhyan asked confused on what she was talking about.

“Our son! He doesn't need to know he had a sister ever!”,Revati cleared Adhyan's confusion while clutching her daughter tightly.

“I don't want him to think that we are sad on his special days remembering his sister, I don't want to him blame himself. I know it isn't his fault but that's how human brain works! Especially when it comes to loved ones, he'll start thinking it would be better if his sister lived and he died. We always blame ourselves. Our daughter will be ours to love.”Revati completed and Adhyan nodded getting her point.

“Adviti and Reyansh.”, Adhyan said with a small smile covering his face. They had decided they would name the baby Adviti if it was a girl or else Reyansh and God gave them both, a girl and a boy but cruelly took one away.

Their daughter was then cremated and Revati didn't attend because she didn't want to see her daughter burning. After it was all done Adhyan came back to check on Revati and saw her staring at the ceiling, her face stoic.

“Revati!”,he called out to Revati who blinked her eyes and smiled a bit as she saw Adhyan standing there with disheveled hair and red eyes.

Adhyan made Revati sit on a wheelchair, though she protested and took her out of the hospital room. He stopped at a door which opened to the room where their son was.

Adhyan helped Revati stand up and they looked through the glass and saw their son, their Reyansh there.

Tears automatically made their way into Revati's eyes and Adhyan hugged her sideways and they continued staring at their son like that until Adhyan felt Revati's weight on him.

Adhyan pulled away a bit to see that Revati fell asleep. He shook his head with a hint of smile as he made Revati sit on the wheelchair and when they reached her room he picked her up and laid her down on the bed making sure she was comfortable. Adhyan himself settled on the sofa and dozed off thinking about everything that happened.

✦✧✦✧

Tanveer
When are you telling your parents?

Erisha
I told we need to talk to my brothers first, they are important to me. If you don't wanna meet them then I am not telling my parents.

Tanveer
Okay fine! I'll meet them but then you tell your parents.

Erisha
Yes, I will tell them after you talk to my brothers.

Tanveer
Ok fine I'll do so!

Tanveer
I love you and I miss you!

Erisha
I love you too and I also miss you!

Tanveer
Do something quickly, this is important!

Erisha
Yes I will do something as soon as possible.

✦✧✦

Dish, why did God do so? Why was their princess taken away? It wasn't her fault right!”, Vritika said as they both walked in the lawn of the hospital.

Dishank smiled sadly and said, “It isn't her fault Vriti, it's destiny and we humans can advance too much but can't fight our destiny, right? Now instead of being sad about something we lost, we should focus on something which we have.”

“Yes, little Reyansh will be loved twice by everyone, wouldn't he be? Waise I had a dream, a perfect little family of ours just like Adhyan bhai, Revati bhabhi and Reyansh. We should plan a child soon, I guess!”, Vritika said.

Dishank smiled, “Soon!”

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Hey guys, here's the update.
So its a boy, Reyansh Adhyan Chauhan!
Most of you expected it to be a girl so its a boy.
How's the name Reyansh?
Next update after the update reaches 100 comment.

Do vote, comment and share.

Love,
Writer!