The Program

The aim of the Ambassador Program is to encourage a fun and engaged community that supports the millions of Wattpadders who read and write here every day.

If you're interested in becoming one of our Community Volunteers, please fill out THIS FORM for the next training session in June/July 2024, but make sure you read the information below as it'll help you choose what role on the team you'd like to apply for and will tell you more about what we are looking for. 

How It Works:

The Program has three cycles that last four months each.  Each cycle we recruit and train new Ambassadors from all over the world to join the team which is constantly growing and changing as Wattpad grows and evolves.  At the end of each cycle, current Ambassadors who do not wish to continue in the role move out of the Program to become Alumni.

Within the Program, there are now five main teams an Ambassador can choose from, depending on what they are most passionate about doing or where they think they can best help the Wattpad Community. 

Each cycle we are looking for different people for different teams, so sometimes one or two choices may not be open to you, but there is always the opportunity to change role once you have served a term on the team. 

Note: Please be aware that the Ambassador program is not a way into our Paid Stories or Creators programs, there is no direct link between being an Ambassador and being able to earn money from your writing.

The Teams:

Content - Passionate about all things content.  Willing to dive deep into the stories on Wattpad and make sure discovery is at its best for the community, help find plagiarised content and remove spam.

Data - Wattpad is investing in Machine Learning technology to help understand the "DNA" of a story, and what makes each story so unique. To do this, they need better annotated data. This team helps annotate anything from story genres and themes, to grammar style, or character personas. Your annotations will be the direct inputs that teach the machine (or validated the machine)! Through this team, you'll get a closer look at what machine learning models Wattpad is building.

Engagement - We're all about connecting readers & writers through storytelling, so continuous experimentation and a willingness to try out big ideas and run with them is vital.  The Engagement Ambassadors love talking to people, running contests, and engaging Wattpad users through various activities on our Wattpad profiles and social media presence.

Outreach - Set up to help writers who are just starting on their Wattpad journey. This team of enthusiastic, positive individuals reach out to those fledgling writers and help guide them in the early stages of their Wattpad journey.

Sentiment - Assist Wattpad by monitoring stories and authors involved in any of our paid programs, flagging any issues arising, and generally keeping an eye on community sentiment associated with our writers.

What we're looking for:

- Applicants must be 18 years+

- An active Wattpadder, and a part of the Wattpad Community for at least four months

- People who want to be volunteer representatives of the Wattpad Community, and who maintain and uphold our Community Guidelines

- Able to dedicate at least 4 hours per week to the team

The profile/account you apply with cannot be a shared account - i.e more than one person cannot have the password to the account.  You will also need to have access to a computer to perform your duties as an Ambassador. 

Submissions

Submissions are open for the next available training session in June/July 2024. Basic Training will be over a two weeks period, with an additional 3-4 weeks of Content and role-specific training once you graduate. So, if you wish to submit to join Ambassador training you need to be available online during that time. Please fill out the SUBMISSIONS FORM if you're interested in doing June/July 2024 training. We will also be doing more training sessions every four months or so after that.

All submissions will be scruitinised by the Wattpad team.

You will only receive a reply from them if your Submission is successful.

Good Luck!