Preface

Background

I've read many Wattpad stories over my short life. I practically grew up on the words written here. However, as I got older, the connection with these words started to grow thin. Ultimately, I came back to it in my older years looking for something to catch my intrigue like it did in my youth. I was faced with many options--most of them the common clichés: aggressive werewolf men, bad boy bdsm fantasies and Harry Styles fanfiction.

It had the smell of familiarity and potential , even though most were of bad quality. After browsing these stories and trying to find things to my taste, I grew weary. I wished there was a sort of database to effectively categorize and find these stories on a deeper level than genre and Fandom (think the grossly detailed fanfiction masterposts on Tumblr). So, I decided to make one for myself.

Categorization

There will be a breakdown of various identifiers at the beginning of each piece. The identifiers and how they are defined are listed below.

Genre
This is self explanatory.

Rating
I am open to reviewing stories with explicit and/or suggestive content and these reads will be labeled as such. My rating scale is as follows:

E: This content is great for any age level

14+: These stories contain topics and content such as: violence, substance use, sexuality, political commentary, and dark themes. This rating is used to indicate a story that may have a bit more to it than that of a simple feel good story (think "The Hate You Give").

T: The teen rating encompasses content that is easily consumed by those 15-17, but may be too childish or uncomfortable for those beyond that age. This includes, but is not limited to: suggestive themes, underage/highschool romance, issues rated to adolescence, and angst.

18+: This content is tailored to a more mature reader and may include heavy angst, workplace settings and trials related to adulthood, crude humor, and graphic scenes

M: This rating includes explicit content.

Dynamic
This identifier relates primarily to romance but can be applies to other genres as well.

DFSM- Dominant female, submissive male. In this dynamic the female takes the lead. Known as Femdom in the bdsm community.

DMSF- Dominant male, submissive female. The male takes the lead.

Switch- Both parties have equal dominance and leadership.

SL- This is a non-sexual/romantic descriptor for a strong lead/main character. (Levi Ackerman, Sherlock Holmes)

WL- This is a non-sexual/romantic descriptor for "wimpy" lead/main character (Deku from My Hero Academia).

More identifiers will be added as time goes on.