Felicity

"Yuxin!" I shouted as I ran towards her. I don't know if it's just me but the way Yuxin turned to my direction went in slow motion. Her fluffy hair swaying with her movements, her bright eyes and her smile when she saw it was me running towards her, astonishing.

"Good morning, Keke." She greeted when I reached her side.

"Good morning small beanie" I greeted back and fixed the strap of my bag on my shoulders

.

"Isn't it too early for your games?" Yuxin said and rolled her eyes at me, making me secretly smile that I got to her nerves.

"Never too early to tease Liu Yuxin, the future best female dancer in China." I said and I saw Yuxin suppressing her smile. It's always been her dream to be one of those stars in the skies.

"Stop it future singer, Lu Keran. Let's go, we'll be late!" and she grabbed my wrist to run.

As we run with the other students that were getting late too, my heart started beating faster. Yuxin had done this countless of times but my heart is such a traitor. She'll mindlessly hold my hand or wipe my sweat while my it causes riot in my heart.

And yes, I'm in love with my best friend.

But who wouldn't right? Yuxin being the girl who has bright dreams and works hard for it, a nice and kind girl at heart. I mean, who wouldn't, right?

With these thoughts running in my head, I didn't notice that we already reached our classroom until Yuxin lets go of my hand.

"See you at lunch, Keran. And please do listen in class." She said since we aren't seatmates for this year which made me sad.

I rolled my eyes at her, "If I fall asleep that's not on me. That just means that the teacher makes it boring." I said and crossed my arms over my chest.

Yuxin gasped making my brows furrowed, "I didn't say you were sleeping in class!" and she hit my arm.

"You better not sleep Lu Keran." She said firmly and squinted her eyes at me which made me pout as I rub the part she just hit, "Now, go to your seat or I'll tell auntie about this." She said and I just rolled my eyes at her before going to my desk.

Yuxin and I had been best friends since we were kids. We practically live next to each other that's why. Between us, Yuxin is the matured and more responsible while I'm the cheeky and playful one.

My mom would usually compare me to her but I don't mind it that much because I know that I'm really a pain in the ass sometimes. Whenever I get into trouble, it's Yuxin that the teachers call instead of my mom because she's always out of town for work.

I also made Yuxin cry once a few years back because of my mischievousness and since that they, I swore to my grave to not let her cry again. Yuxin is an angel that doesn't deserve to shed tears in her whole lifetime.