Christmas Kiss.

Tags:
Use Archive Warnings, No Archive Warnings Apply
M/M
24 Dec 2020
Word count: 5233

Link to my original work on Archive of our own that includes beginning and end notes, as well as more detailed tags.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/28306029

***********************************

Kageyama shook awake to a brisk morning breeze. Pulling his blanket over his head, he tried to hide from the cold. Snuggling deeper into the sheets, he grumbled when the cold still surrounded his body. Pulling the blanket down, he peered over it to find his attacker. Cringing at the light that hit his eyes as he emerged from the pile of sheets that was his bed.

He rubbed the sleep from his eyes as he made his way to his window that laid wide open. Shutting it, he halted as he glanced out at the world beyond the glass.

"Snow," he yawned to himself. "A white Christmas huh?" Kageyama shuffled out of his room and into the bathroom. Sighing at the mess atop his head as he began to brush his teeth and prepare for the day.

By 11:30 he was showered, dressed, downstairs and getting breakfast. Checking his phone, he realized the time.

"Another late start to the day." He rolled his eyes as he scrolled through his messages. He had three text from Suga, two text from Tanaka, and nearly a dozen text from Hinata. He opened Tanaka's first.

Tanaka; Hey!
I left my sweater at your place the other day, grab it for me?

Kageyama had absolutely no clue what he was taking about, but deciding agreeing would be easier then questioning him, he responded with an "yea, ok". Continuing on to Suga's text.

Sugawara: Morning Kageyama.
Are you awake yet?
Well no matter, don't forget the pie today alright?

Taking a sip of his coffee, Kageyama scowled at his phone. "Pie??" He asked aloud as he typed just that, hitting send. Swiping back, he saw 2 new messages from Hinata on top of the dozen he had previously sent.

Hinata: KAGEYAMA
KAGEYAMAAA
KAGS!?!?
TOBIO!?
OBITO?... LMAO JK
ARE YOU ASLEEP?
GET UP!
ARE YOU READY FOR THE CHRISTMAS PARTY TONIGHT?
I CANT WAIT
IT'LL BE THE FIRST TIME WE'LL GET TO SEE ALL OF THE OLD KARASUNO TEAM AT ONCE SINCE A WHILE!

Why was I still in all caps?
I saw that you left me on read bakageyama!
Come back!

Kageyama's lips pursed as he read the messages. A small chuckle left his throat as he caught glimpse of Obito.

"Wait... party?" He said out loud as he tried to think of what the ginger could be talking about. 'Party.. party... par-' "oh fuck!" He gasped as he finally regained his apparent lost memory. He shot Suga a text reading "oh! The pie.. yea I got that" before going to text Hinata

Kageyama: Did you really just call me Obito?
Anyways, when does the party start again?

Kageyama replied as he finished off his food and headed to his room to change his clothes. Before he even got to the sink the redhead had already texted back. Sitting on his bed, he went to go open the 4 new messages from the boy.

Hinata: Maybe I did
Maybe I didn't
So you're still coming right?
It starts at 5, but I can't get there till 7 cause I don't have a ride before then.

Kageyama: uh yea I am
I still have to go out and find pie

He audibly sighed as he remembered this. Checking the time, he saw it was going for 12:15.