prologue- the end of the beginning

"please don't go, please don't goi love you so, i love you so"

i love you so, i love you so"

( prologue )

"Fairytales are told to children before they go to sleep. Healthy ways for them to grow up thinking, however as they grow up the magical thinking wears off. "

AURORA CASSIOPEIA BLACK WAS BORN ON THE 3OTH OCTOBER 1980, she looked just the same as her father Sirius Black but from a young age had already inherited Ophelia Blacks kind nature. The three were a very happy family and the young couple couldn't help but feel overjoyed with the life they had created. Although the youngest was born with a fate of destroying all evil, nobody suspected anything above that she was a young witch.

Aurora celebrated her first birthday with her mother and her uncle moony, unfortunately Sirius had been away on Dumbledores orders. Aurora loved her birthday but her world would soon come crashing down in just a short few hours. Ophelia had a unsettling feeling in her stomach that something was going to happen and owled Dumbledore just to be told there would be no way to contact her husband.

One year old Aurora was laying with her head on her mothers chest, while her mother softly sung a lullaby to get her to sleep. A silver moon necklace hung from the babies neck, it was a gift from her Uncle Remus and it was a little bit big on her but she seemed to love it.

Although a pit sat in Ophelia's stomach about the outcome of that night, little did she know that the death eaters would not only target her family.

James and Lily Potter were attacked by Lord Voldemort himself, leaving Harry a famous orphan to be left in the care of relatives he didn't even know he had. This would only be the beginning of Harry's life in the wizarding world.

Remus Lupin, was sat in his cottage alone completely unaware that he would lose all his friends and family in less that one night and not to see his goddaughter again for 12 years. He would be completely alone.

Sirius Black, who was away completing a task for The Order of The Phoenix, had heard a rumour of a Death-eater attack due to take place in Godric's Hollow where not only his bestfriend's family lived but also his wife and little girl had been living. Upon hearing the sudden news he made his way towards James and Lily Potter's home to say one last goodbye as he had planned to go into hiding with Ophelia and Aurora the next day.

Sirius basically raced to the door of the Potter house but suddenly became anxious, he was worried about what he was about to see. Something seemed off and it was now he regretted not listening to Ophelia's rambling about something bad happening, he should have listened more carefully. He plucked up the courage to knock on the door, something he never normally did but this time was different.

Sirius got no reply. Slowly opening the door, he saw nothing but darkness.

That was until he tripped, looking down to move the item into a more suitable place his eye drooped to the body of not only his bestfriend but brother. There lied James Potter, dead. Tears pooled his eyes as he bent down and laid his head in his lap hoping this was some sort of sick and twisted prank.

"No, James you can't leave me now, what about Lily and Harry?" he cried, how could he have let this happen. This was his brother and now he was dead.

Looking around her wondered about Lily and then his mind flashed to Harry, dropping James' body on the floor he raced up the stairs to Harrys bedroom.

Sirius let out a small breath of relief in seeing his godson alive. Picking up the crying toddler, he rocked Harry in his arms in an attempt to calm him down. Trying not to look down to the body of one of his best friends, Sirius made his way out of the house. He was nearly out of the driveway when he was approached by a giant shadowy figure.

Meanwhile, Peter Pettigrew was inside the home of the Blacks. He had just opened the front door to be met by the sight of one of his bestfriends although this time was different.

"Oh Peter, you're safe" exclaimed Ophelia, a look of relief washed across her features. Her hair was messy from running her hands through it and she looked happily up to the boy she had grown to love as her brother.

She opened her arms to give him a hug when he pushed her away, causing her to furrow her eyebrows. "What are you doing, Pete?" she spoke softly, her ocean eyes staring into his. As soon as her eyes met his, a pit formed in her stomach. This was what she had known for months was going to happen.

A crash was heard from the upstairs and Auroras cries soon followed after, upon hearing her daughter cry from her nursery Ophelia turned to go get her baby. The mother was panicked, she knew her fate but she wanted her husbands and daughters to be different. Until she was spun with force. Peter then raised his wand and pointed it at the girl he had known for years.

"Crucio"