To Her

Throughout time, our memories that we once held with endearment will eventually subside either by causes of age or by our own free will. Because of this, in this age of modern technology, I have depended on it to capture moments where sooner or later I realize that those moments that passed will capture the people who I am immensely grateful for. Such moments capture those who I was not able to say goodbye properly and those who our times were ended by a dismay of events. Yet, such sweet and bitter moments and people who have stumbled in my life, have marked significant steps to the person I grew up to be. Because of photos-which capture the moments of life-I have to be thankful for it, as it allowed me to not forget the person I loved dearly-even after years of not seeing her face.

Maybe she will never know-

but this girl I met in middle school, I am immensely grateful for and love her dearly even after not seeing her for 3 years. Our goodbye was quick but in my end, was one of the hardest moments to ever confront. This girl was a person who was amazing, she would never know, but she saved my life; she came into the moment where I was depending on bad habits. Maybe, if she never came into my life, I would've become the person I hated the most-maybe I wouldn't be alive. This cliche in my life was momentarily, yet I always remember it.

On my bookshelf, it holds a place where a box  contains all sorts of photographs-from childhood to old friends. In particular, there is a photograph taken on my friend's polaroid, which shows the girl and I. Every Time I pick the photo, I remember the exact day-it was at an amusement park-taken on one of the last days I had with her. I remember we were hugging each other in it. Anyone who sees the photograph sees only 2 girls who are smiling, but to me, I see a photograph that contains the person I held very dearly. Because it was taken on one of the last days I saw her; it triggers a reminder of the person I was and admired when I was with her-with that photograph it calms me and reminds me of the life ahead I still have. For the first time in my life, this photograph provides me evidence that I am able to care and love for someone.

Even till this day, I ask myself: Did I love her like lovers would?