→ Queen of Hell (Sabrina x Caliban)

in honour of my undying love for sabrina and caliban and hopes that they get together in season 4, i give you a sabrina x caliban one shot. this one-shot is set in season 3, episode 6, shortly after sabrina FINALLY defends herself against nick at the academy in front of caliban, prudence and some others. i hope you all enjoy reading it as much as i enjoyed writing it!

_____ ♔_____

Sabrina Spellman's teeth felt as though they'd break if she didn't relax her clenched jaw that held back the frustrated comments she felt towards Nicholas. She felt very satisfied and empowered for standing up to him and for once, not holding back as she gave the warlock a piece of her mind. She was Sabrina Spellman, and disrespect was not something she was going to take from anyone, not even from Nick who had sacrificed himself for her. So standing up to him just moments ago did fill Sabrina with pride and contentment. A weight had been lifted off her chest as all those things she had once held back were finally flowing out of her mouth once Nick drew the last straw and accused her of lying and being romantically involved with Caliban. But despite her pride and contentment, her cheeks were still burning red and her eyes stung as she clenched her fists and paced around the classroom she had stormed off to in the Academy.

Sabrina turned around as she heard footsteps tapping on the tiled floor. She refrained from rolling her eyes as she saw Caliban enter, briefly glancing around the classroom before focusing his attention on the fuming blonde girl.

"I'm not in the mood, Caliban." She folded her arms over her chest and broke eye contact. The last thing she needed now was to face Caliban's smug grin. Or suffer through another attempt to get her to marry him and share the throne to avoid competing for the Unholy Regalia.

He chuckled, his lips curling into a small smile at the sound of her attitude. "How can you be sure I was going to say something you didn't want to hear?" His deep smooth voice dripped with infuriating hints of amusement.

"Because apart from helping me find the spell, all you've said so far are things I don't want to hear," she mumbled in a light sassy tone that Caliban would have been lying if he said he didn't find cute. She sat down on a chair, deciding to give momentary rest to her tired body as she slumped over on the desk and rested her head against the palm of her hand, propped up by her elbow. A few seconds passed and Sabrina was surprised to have not heard anything else coming from Caliban. She glanced up at his tall body towering over her, looking over his pursed lips that hadn't uttered a word yet. Sabrina sighed as she spoke for him. "Look, Caliban, if you're here to try and convince me to marry you, you already know my answer is-"

"No," Caliban interjected.

"Exactly, and this isn't a good time to talk about this anyway becau-"

"No, I meant that's not why I came here." Sabrina furrowed her eyebrows, sitting up straight as she looked back at Caliban. "I came here to check on you."

"To check on me?" Sabrina was taken aback by his response. Concern was the last thing she expected from the Prince of Hell. He had tried to sabotage her and was currently trying to steal her throne in Hell, so no one could blame her for the trust issues that filled the room when Caliban entered it.

"And to tell you that I found it quite attractive how you stood up to that jerk." He said this with a smug grin that Sabrina instantly rolled her eyes at and looked away from. Her gut had told her that there was no such thing as Caliban just trying to be a decent being and actually show sympathy– not if it didn't come with his physical attraction to her. And clearly, she was right.

"But mostly to check on you," Caliban repeated, trying to revive himself and regain Sabrina's attention. "I mean it. I don't know what's going on between you and Nicholas Scratch but he seems like someone you could do better without."