Goodbye

Lucien Frost projected the image of xyr head mate, Daddy, and fiancé in front of xem . Cory stretched his arms and looked around. He was glad to finally be able to front alongside Luci. Lucien's arms wrapped around xyr, to what may have looked like a self hug but in fact was two people hugging each other.

"Cory, Daddy, I'm glad it's finally just us. Lelessa is taking care of everyone else, giving us alone time," Lucien said to his alter.

Cory smiled at the xem. "Oh, well good. We need to talk, Luci."

Lucien gave Cory a confused look, what would Daddy Cory need to talk about? Did xe do something wrong? Was Luci going to get a punishment from his older Daddy? Lucien was excited and nervous.

Cory sighed, "Luci, I've been noticing you are hiding me from certain parts of our mind. Areas that I can't get into. Our memories to be exact."

"Those are memories of the original Cory, Cory. Memories that are too painful. It's why you were formed. The trauma," Lucien began to cry.

Cory embraced his lover. "I'm so sorry, baby. Was I, he, abusive to you?"

Lucien sniffled and looked up at Cory behind teary eyes. "No! Never. He was wonderful. You are wonderful. It's just.... I have a confession."

Cory looked at Lucien. The mood changed and he let go of xem. Lucien dried his tears up with the end of his dirty hoodie sleeve. It smelled musky and of old urine. Tears began to pool at the base of his lip that quivered as xe began to find a way to tell the truth about Cory.

"You know the original Cory is dead. But I never told you how he died. Cory, Cory's death wasn't just trauma for me losing my fiancé but because I'm the one who killed him."

Cory's jaw dropped. "Luci, what do you mean you killed him? How? What?!"

Lucien sniffled again, holding back tears. "I'm sorry Daddy. But I have to. He wasn't perfect. I needed him to be perfect. I thought if he left me and it caused trauma I would form you, an alter version of him. A better Cory. But he wouldn't break up with me. So that day in the airport, I didn't actually leave. I followed him."

Cory couldn't believe what he was hearing. Even though he wasn't actually the original Cory he was still him. But now finding out he's just an enhanced Cory, a ghost of the original man. He was heartbroken. Was Lucien really who xe said xe was, does anyone else in the Frost system know about this?

Lucien continued, "I can hear your thoughts you know. No one else knows. This is a secret. From everyone. I killed Cory. I had to, it 'twas for the best. For both of us. But now we are happy, how we always were meant to be. Cory, please please forgive me Daddy."

Lucien tried to hug Cory, but he pushed xem away. Cory turned his back on xem. His fist shaking in rage, not sure if he wanted to cry or scream. How dare xe kill Cory just to create a new Cory! What was wrong with the original? Lucien thought xe could create the world and people around him to be better. Xe was really determined to make Queerland City real, Cory thought. Including its citizens.

"Lucien, I'm sorry too."

Lucien was confused, "For what?"

"For what I'm about to do. You created me, to give yourself a perfect Cory. But that means I'm a lie. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable being the alter of a host who killed the original person. I fear for my safety around you. Lucien, I have to cast you out."

"Cast me out? Make me go dormant?! You can't do that! I'm the host its called the Frost System not the Cory system!" Lucien screamed.

"No, I have to kill you. It's only fair. I shall become the Host. And one day you will return. A newer, better, more perfect Lucien. But I fear this will only cause a new alter to form, and I cant let it be you. Not yet. But one day you will return. I love you, Luci."

Lucien began to ugly cry. Screaming for his Daddy to stop. But those cried began to fade as Lucien began to fade away. Getting dimmer and dimmer. Xe Felt xyr melt into nothing. Like xe had never been alive. Soon the memories of Cory, the real Cory were gone. A life lived, turned to nothing. Lucien Frost was no more.

Cory wiped away what few tears he allowed to fall. "I'm sorry Luci, I love you. But I'm the host now."