It's Cold Outside

It was Jinyoung and Jisoo's tradition at this point – to go to their friend's party or to Namsan Tower on New Year's Eve - and welcome the New Year in high spirits with their friends and loved ones. They'd made sure to do this for the 3 years that they've been together despite being idols in an industry where dating is considered a 'scandal' and everything's done in secret to keep their career safe. 

It was the one day every year that they decided to get out regardless of whatever the situation was. Ironic that this was the case considering the celebrity couple reveal that Dispatch did everytime on New Year's Day. Well, they just trusted in people failing to look under their nose at the right time. Up until now, they've had no problems and have had a jolly rollercoaster ride of a relationship.

2020 is now coming to an end. The year everyone's actually happy to be getting over with. The one time in history no one's going to make a mistake in writing 2021 as all everyone did this year, was wait for it to get over due to the pandemic. 2020's been hard on Jisoo and Jinyoung too, like everyone else. They haven't been able to meet their fans in almost a year now. No concerts, live shows, fan meetings. 

It's been a dry year - though both groups worked tirelessly, especially BlackPink who finally had a full album that was released – they haven't felt the fans love and support in person for far too long. Every stage feels like another rehearsal and it's been hard on everyone.

The one thing that did keep them sane was just hte presence of the other through this madness. This year, especially with social distancing, they realized how important and engrained they are into each other's lives. Considering Korea did act quick and the situation is much more relaxed, they ended up spending most of their time together in Jinyoung's house.

Blackpink still lived at their dorm, and while the girls were obviously aware of their relationship and Jinyoung did come over ocasionally – it was just far more comfortable for them to crash at Jinyoung's and even stay the night over. Their managers were wary of their relationship at first, but now had found their peace of mind in knowing the lines they should protect. Now more than ever, managers of the two are fully supportive after seeing how perfect they are together.

With New Year's Eve just round the corner, they'd hesitated carrying forward their tradition considering the social distancing rules regulations. But Jackason decided to host a small house party – a dinner really- with just his close friends. Jinyoung and Jisoo thought this setup was reasonable and were happy to keep their tradition alive. Jisoo just happened to stay over at Jinyoung's house the day before and decided to extend her stay. get ready in his place and leave for Jackson's with him. 

She'd picked up her dress for the night from the boutique next door. She hated shopping and was glad this boutique saved the day. Jinyoung thought she just picked the first thing she saw(which was exactly what she did) but it worked out cause she was beautiful in whatever she wore. The dress was a sleek off-shoulder black dress that stopped at her knees. She looked stunning as usual and Jinyoug was dressed in a classic black tuxedo.

Jinyoung found it refreshing to have Jisoo get ready at his place and spontaneously extend her stay. It was already like her second home, but he was loving how he was getting used to it and wished for her to stick around more often. She started getting ready about 2 hours prior and had barely finished putting on her dress when it started snowing outside.

Jinyoung switched on the news where it said that there was going to be a snowstorm which would block roads for another 12 hours at best. Upset was an understatement for what Jisoo was feeling. She sighed and stared at the news in disbelief. Jinyoung was disappointed but the thought was pused aside by another random one that popped up when he watched her. She was effortlessly gorgeous and lovable. They were both set to leave for Jackson's house which was about an hours drive form their current location but this snowstorm caused an unfortunate hurdle in their plans for the night.

Jisoo looked like she could cry any minute. Jinyoung sat by her side on the sofa to comfort her. The look in her eyes suddenly changed to a determined one. She pulled out her phone and started looking for alternative routes to Jackson's house. Jinyoung just continued watching her and asked carefully, "You're not seriously thinking of still going, are you?".

Jisoo replied, "We have to find a way to make it, if we leave soon enough, it's still possible. Let's leave right away". She stood up and took his wrist for him to follow but he pulled her back down and said, "But, Baby it's cold outside, there's a whole snowstorm. How do you expect me to drive?".

Jisoo with a steadfast look in her eye walked to get her coat, but Jinyoung followed and had her  face him, "Jisoo, take a minute to think this through. If we leave now, we're going to stuck in the snowstorm and maybe stuck for hours considering it's NYE. Isn't it better to just stay here and spend the night?"

Jisoo said, "But it's not ANY night Jinyoung! It's New Year's Eve. And we'd break our tradition if we stayed in. Besides, we won't get to see our friends who we're seeing after AGES."

Jinyoung sighed," I understand that, I'm upset we can't make it this time. But if we're being real, isn't it worse to get stuck in the snow? It's so cold out there"

He pulled her by the wrist to the balcony in his living room and opened the door to prove his point. The chilling wind enveloped the two that hugged each other instinctively to share body warmth. They walked back in, still hugging each other and closed the door. Jinyoung held her close and looked into her eyes begging her to agree. Jisoo stared back and sighed, defeated.

They just continued hugging each other till Jinyoung told Jisoo to take some rest before changing. Jisoo got a call however and walked into his room to attend the same. Jinyoung stood by the door and watched her talk to her friend wishing they had a good time and laughing while talking to them, Jinyoung stood grounded in his place, he was mesmerized by her. He felt a urge of emotions and before he knew it, his feet took him to the drawer below his TV unit and he took out a small box he's had for months now and slipped it into his pocket.

He got some candles out and set them up around the living room and dining area. He went to the room to find Jisoo asleep on his bed. He figured that she was tired after having had a long day. He went to the kitchen and decided to quickly cook up dinner for what was going to be a special night. He made some classic steak and pulled out the finest wine he had.

Just as he was finished cooking, he heard Jisoo waking up. He went to his room, by her side and woke her up gently. He watched as her as she looked at him confused and found her adorable. He broke into a smile and couldn't help himself – he gave her a peck – while she grew increasingly confused. 

He got her to stand up and covered her eyes. There was about 10 minutes left for it to strike 12. They reached the living room which he'd decorated with candles and uncovered her eyes. She looked delighted and was just taking everything in. She turned around to find him on his knees. "This is it", he thought.

He said, "Jisoo, the love of my life and the light in my eyes. You turned my whole world around when we met for Inkigayo 3 years ago. I felt that our dynamic was special from the get go. We grew closer and you accepted me. The last 3 years have been the most delightful years of my life and I want more of that with you. I want you to be with me through all the good and bad and be the constant, my constant in the insanely variable rollercoaster of life, forever. And so, Will you marry me?"

Jisoo had tears in her eyes by this point. She just mumbled a yes while trying not burst into tears and bawl her eyes out. They hugged each other and stared into each others eyes thinking of all the time they had with each other in the future. They were beyond excited to face the fearful future, only if they had each other.

-------Fin-------

Hey guys! This the first fanfic I've ever written. I absolutely love Jinji and have shipped them ever since Inkigayo. While of course they're dynamic in real life is none of my business, I do find joy in reading and imagining stories and with them as the lead. I very randomly decided to write this one shot after listening to Gaho and Jamie's cover of "Baby, It's Cold Outside".

Hope y'all enjoyed reading this. Do comment, interact and let me know what you thought of it.

2020 has been a crazy year for the world. Hope this peace of content served as an escape even for a few minutes.

Until next time, Happy New Year!

- KpopKid2001 Nua

🎉 You've finished reading It's Cold Outside (Jinji fanfic) | GOT7 PARK JINYOUNG | BLACKPINK KIM JISOO 🎉