𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

─────── • ❥ • ───────

It was sometime around ten at night when two Chinese boys wandered up to the front of the newly established apartment complex. The moon was up, as beautiful as when the world last saw her. She bathed the pavements and buildings in an ethereal, pale blue, causing Renjun's blonde hair to shimmer a silver colour, and YangYang could've sworn he was an angel.

"You're too nice," the older chuckled melodiously as he stopped at the door and prolonged his entrance for as long as possible. "Walking me home."

"Obviously I would," YangYang smiled with his hands in his pockets and his sweaty fringe plastered to his forehead. It was warm out, yet he still appeared stunning. "I'm not trying to offend you, but you're a really pretty boy with a small figure. I wouldn't sleep well thinking something happened."

"Don't do it," Renjun gasped, turning around and fanning with face with cute laughter, "You're making me blush, and I'm so ugly when I blush."

"That can't be true."

"But it is. Have you ever seen a portrait of a tomato?" He turned back to look at him curiously.

"Dear God, Renjun, you aren't a tomato."

He giggled nonetheless and shrugged as though he knew best. His clammy hands lay dormant by his sides as he reluctantly looked over towards the entrance. It was darkened inside with only a single lamp or something similar providing a bit of light. Perhaps Taeyong was filing paperwork again.

YangYang noticed his shift in mood and sighed, wishing he could've made his home life more enjoyable, but that wasn't really within his power. "Go on inside. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Yeah," Renjun hummed dejectedly, glancing at his friend once more and smiling faintly at his kind face. He was truly lucky to have met him straight off the bat, and he wouldn't take that for granted. "Are you sure you'll be okay getting home on your own? Now I feel bad..."

"Ah, I'll be fine. I'm strong," he flexed his arms adorably.

"You're pretty too," the older scoffed. "You may be taller, but you're still so childlike. Come inside and let me call you a taxi or something."

"I'll catch the bus. Don't worry about it."

"Yang-"

"I'll be fine, Renjun," the younger assured him with an unbeatable grin. "I'll let you know that I've gotten home if that helps at all."

"Please," the blonde sighed, relenting and starting to retire towards the front door made of glass. "Goodnight, Yang."

"Night, Renjun."

They waved softly towards each other before the shorter disappeared inside, the brunette watching carefully to make sure he was off the streets. He chuckled to himself before heading off towards his own flat across the city. The whole evening had been amazing, and made for a promising day tomorrow.