tidal wave

"Stiles!" 

Lydia shrieked as she nearly tripped over a stray branch sticking out from under a rock. Why on earth he decided to bring her to the woods at nearly half 1 in the morning she would never know. Even though she was filled with curiosity, Lydia never felt scared or worried when she was with Stiles. With one hand across her eyes and the another placed lightly on her hip to steer her in the right direction, he never left her side even for a second.

The grass was wet from last nights storm and was slowly soaking through Lydia's ballet pumps, when Stiles stopped walking, moved himself out of the way and uncovered her eyes.

A small gasp escaped her mouth as Stiles slipped his hand in hers.

Small, twinkling fairy lights wound around every tree and were strung above their heads, making a huge canopy of stars. There were blankets and beanbags placed around a large crackling fire pit, the flames dancing with the shadows of the trees. A spread of all of Lydia's favourite snacks and treats was set up on a table next to a canvas projector screen, ready to play her all time favourite film, The Notebook. 

Lydia turned to Stiles with tears in her eyes and jumped into his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face into his shoulder. Stiles stroked her hair in the same way he always did after one of her nightmares, and kissed the top of her head.

"I'm guessing this means you like it?" Stiles smirked.

"Like it? Stiles I LOVE it!" She felt him smile against her lips as she kissed him briefly.

Lydia grabbed him by the hand and pulled him over to the snacks so they could pile their plates high with sweets, m&ms and strawberry pop tarts. They snuggled down into the blankets and pillows, and Stiles picked up the remote, and started to play the movie. Half way through watching the film, Lydia started to get cold like she always did, and stretched out her hand to Stiles, who lifted her hand to his face and kissed it before pulling on her arm and rolling her over to him. He tangled his arms around her before drifting off to sleep.

Lydia glanced up at the night sky as it turned to a dusky pink and wished that all nights could be like this one, the clouds set alight as the sky run ablaze with fiery reds and oranges. She rolled over to find Stiles standing over her with his arm extended, waiting for her hand.

"M'lady, would you do me the honour of dancing with me under this gorgeous sunrise?" a hint of mischief gleamed in his deep chocolate eyes.

She took his hand. Warm and steady, familiar and dependable.

 "Why of course, kind sir." Stiles gently pulled her up and held her hand then encircled her waist with the other arm.

They swerved between trees and danced stupidly between pillows and beanbags, they seemed to dance for hours and hours, not a thing on their minds except each other. Stiles pressed his body against hers and guided her as they started to slow dance, which Lydia didn't mind one bit. Her small frame crowded by his was her safest place in the world, and she would've gladly said goodbye to the sun for another hour like this.

Stiles' hand on the small of her back never once moved, and his breath constantly tickled her neck, but Lydia was happy. So very happy.

They kissed and danced under the fiery sky until it turned purple and blue. Lydia would always remember this night, and how Stiles held her up all the way back to the car because she was too exhausted to walk even a step. 

And how she felt tidal waves washing away every nightmare she had ever had when he kissed her.

(A/N) hey guys, i was a little bored so started writing this, i hope you like it. - R x