01

A/N: Happy New Year! Yup, a new book. Anyways, enjoy reading! I put effort on this, please only leave positive comments. There might be grammatical errors as this was posted in promt.

1. 

"Hyuck, have you finished the additional activity in pre-calculus?" Jaemin asked, pulling the chair from the table, settling down his knapsack on the side of his desk. Donghyuck hastily pulls the pair of earphones from his ear tilting his head, "You were saying?" Eyes not detaching from his gadget. Seeming fretful as he frantically taps his loafer shoes against the wooden floor.

Donghyuck's hair was matted against his forehead, there were bags underneath his eyes, probably stayed up all night taking care of his siblings, schoolwork, and mostly playing any kind of games on his mobile phone or PC. Donghyuck emitted a string of curses, gritting his teeth. Jaemin observed how his friend looked piqued by the game, it was obvious as Donghyuck's fingers drag the cursor of the game harshly and hard than he was supposed to. An idea pops into his head.

Jaemin sighed, sitting down in his chair. "My bad, I was asking if you have finished the additional activity Mr. Choi gave." Donghyuck was surprisingly calm upon his hearing his statement. Which is very unusual as per Donghyuck. Donghyuck's usually jittery when something related to academics is being a subject of the topic. He's mindful of his academic performance as he was aiming for a scholarship grant from a prestigious university outside of the country. So, he can be a bit worrywart at times.

Jaemin just nodded and proceeded to search for his pre-calculus notebook inside his knapsack. He pulled it out and began flipping through its pages marking the number of items he wasn't done answering or those he wasn't completely sure of. He'll make sure to asked his Mark hyung or maybe Renjun later once they've arrived. Jaemin began answering number six on his scratch paper, tapping his shoes against the wooden floor as he computes. Half-way on answering, Donghyuck suddenly settles down his phone harshly on his desk with a loud thud gathering the attention, not only Jaemin but their classmates as well. There were creases on his forehead, a panicked expression written on his face "What activity?" He brusque asked, anxiously chewing the insides of his cheeks, frantically rummaging through his knapsack.

"Activity 4," Jaemin said flatly, eyes focused on his work, a small smile etching on his face. Donghyuck stands up with much force, knocking down his chair, walking towards the nearest student sitting close next to them. "Do you have a calculator?" He asked each one of their classmates but they were only shaking their head or mumbling a shy no. Donghyuck looking even more stressed than ever decided to barge into the next section next to them to borrow a calculator. Before he even had a hold of the knob, he bumped into his self-proclaimed nemesis, Renjun. "Look where you're walking, you Donkey!" Renjun glared at Donghyuck. In times of crisis, we can't be picky about whom we ask for help. "Aren't you planning to move, DongYUCK?" The latter was currently blocking the way. "I was going to. By the way, have you brought your calculator today? I don't know, but it seems like everyone forgot to bring theirs. If you happen to bring it, can I borrow it? Like real quick, just need to do some quick maths." A peal of laughter erupted from the elder, drawing a confused expression on Donghyuck's face.

Renjun leans against the wall, hands covering his mouth. Glasses almost falling over his nose. "This is urgent, I don't understand why you seem to be not taking this seriously." Donghyuck asked, irritability prominent on his tone, "I'm sorry but-" He's about to finish his sentence if it wasn't for his eyes directly falling over at Donghyuck, another ripple of laughter erupted from his lips. Clutching on his stomach with teary eyes, he cleared his throat, straightening his posture, giving him a civil look. "It's Tuesday. We don't have pre-calculus on Tuesdays." Renjun finished, bumping his shoulders against Donghyuck as he strides forward to his desk. Donghyuck was stunned, frozen in his position. "That fucker." He gritted his teeth, fisting his hands on his side, turning towards Jaemin who has a cloying smile across his face. "You little shit!" He angrily said, marching towards the back row.