New Plans | Plot

*ring ring* 

*ring ring*

"Ugh" I groan. I grab my phone half asleep and turn it on. My eyes squint from the brightness of the screen. I check the time and see that it's 2:00 am. 

"Who is calling me at 2:00 in the morning?" I ask myself.

*1 missed call from 'Clay💞'

"Wha-" I immediately press call back. Within a few seconds, he responds. 

(a/n, bold means Dream is talking and italics is y/n talking)

Clay I swear to god if you are only calling me because you are horny-

Haha, no don't worry. I was just calling to say that I love you a lot.

God I don't deserve you but I am trying to sleep.

Alright, I love you. Goodnight!

I love you too, bye!

                                                             ᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

I try to fall asleep but I couldn't. Gotta love insomnia.

I open my phone and go on Twitter to see what people could possibly be rambling on about at this hour. I decide to do the stupidest decision of my life and open my mentions.

 Keep in mind that Clay accidentally leaked our dms on stream so everyone, and I mean EVERYONE who came to watch a minecraft speedrun found out who I was. The dms weren't dirty or anything, but they definitely showed off that we are dating.

I scroll through my mentions and all I see is "She just wants his money" or "She is probably so fake". I keep scrolling while tears form in my eyes. How could people be so hateful?

I power down my phone and feel lifeless. I'm pretty sensitive and don't know how to deal with mass hate since I've never experienced it.

Soon enough after the tears go away, I fall asleep. Sleep is amazing, no worries, no doubts, nothing just nothing.

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

I wake up to the sun beating down on my eyes through the window. The sun just peaking over the mountains in Colorado. I let out a big yawn and stretch my arms. My phone buzzes so I check it right away. It was my mom texting me.

7:04 AM

Mom💝: Good morning sweetie. Your father and I want to meet up with you as soon as possible

Me: oh alright, ill get ready and come over for some brunch

Mom💝: Sounds good!

"What in the world could they want?" I ask.

I get up out of my bed and put on pink slippers that Clay got me for my birthday. I walk over to my kitchen and grab a leftover croissant that was from yesterday. 

"Today's a coffee day" I say while shoving the croissant in my mouth.

I start the pot of coffee and go to my living room to watch some morning TV. That gets boring real quick, so I FaceTime Clay knowing that he's up since he is 3 hours ahead of my time.

He answers quickly.

"Good morningggggg!" He shouts with the biggest smile on his face.

I giggle, "Good morning"

"How has your morning been so far?" he asks.

"Well my parents want to meet up but I think it might because my sister slipped up about me having a boyfriend at dinner the other night." I replied.

"Wait, what did she say?" he responds but this time intrigued.

"My mom said something about wanting children from my older sister but she said hell no and that if anything I would be the one having children because I'm dating you. I spilled my drink on purpose when she said that I was dating someone as a distraction but I'm not sure if it worked" I said out of breath.

"Oh damn, hopefully they take it well" he added.

"Yeah, but you have to realise that I was their last born." I sighed.

"You know what will make you feel better?" he says.

"What?" I smile.

He reaches for something behind him and shows me 4 plane tickets.

"Oh my god! I can't believe we are actually going to meet up!" I say excited.

"Yep!" Clay says.

I look at the time and realise I have to get on the road.

"Thank you so much Clay." I cheerfully say.

"Anything for you" He replies.

"I have to go now, I love you." I say.

"I love you more" he grinned.

I blow him a kiss and hang up. 

"Damn, I need some coffee for this 3 hour road trip." I groan.

I walk over to my coffee pot and pour a cup of it. I sigh knowing that my parents are going to bitch at me. I suddenly feel very nervous and begin to bite my nails. I get so sick to my stomach to the point that I throw up in the sink.

"Ugh" I blurt out, "Today is going be a great day."