Prologue

In a world where 80% of the population has superpowers called Quirks, heroes and villains came to light. Midoriya Izuku had his mind set on being a hero, but…

“Congratulations, Izuku has two quirks!” The doctor said enthusiastically. Inko smiled and looked at her practically radiating son.

“Hear that, sweetie? You can become a hero, just like All Might!” Inko encouraged, smiling brightly at her son.

“Yeah!” Izuku chirped, happily running around with his All Might figure in hand. “Now Kacchan and I can become symbols of peace!”

Inko turned back to the doctor. “What are his quirks?” She asked politely.

“He has telekinesis and pyrokinesis. Telekinesis lets him move objects with his mind. Though, if the objects are too heavy, he’ll have headaches and migraines that might result in him passing out or worse. Pyrokinesis lets him emit flames from any part of his body. The higher the temperature he uses, the more his body reacts to it. You and your son are very lucky, Mrs Midoriya,” The doctor explained. Inko nodded enthusiastically.

They soon left the hospital, happily walking home together hand-in-hand while talking and giggling.

Things were amazing. So why…?

4 years time skip

Why did this have to happen to me?

“There’s a woman in there!”

Izuku dropped down to his knees, dropping his bright yellow bag in the process. He watched as what was once his house, burn down and crumble before him. His mother was still in there.

How did this happen?

Inko was late to pick Izuku up from school. It was unlike her, so Izuku sneaked out and walked home by himself. He did not expect to see his house burning to the ground…along with his mother…

Heroes were trying their best to defuse the situation, but none of them were succeeding. None of them could save his mother. They were supposed to be trained to handle these situations, so why?

“M-Mom…” Izuku choked out as tears fell from his eyes. Overwhelmed by sadness, he ran away. He didn’t know where he was going, but he was running away.

“Oof!” Izuku yelped as he bummed onto a tall figure. He fell on his butt and rubbed his head as tears continued to fall endlessly.

“Oh, dear! Are you all right?” A feminine voice asked. Izuku looked up and saw a woman with scarlet red hair and greenish-golden eyes that were sheltered by rounded glasses. The crying greenette stood up and rubbed his eyes in an attempt to get rid of his tears. “Why are you crying, dear?”

“M-Mom…” was the only thing Izuku could choke out between sobs.

“Are you lost?” The woman asked worriedly, patting Izuku’s soft green hair.

“T-There w-was fire, h-heroes tried to s-save her but it was too l-late…” Izuku stammered as more tears trickled down his cheeks. The woman looked shocked, then her look softened as she pulled Izuku into a hug.

“I am sorry you had to see that, little one. Do you want me to take you to the police station?” She asked. Izuku hesitantly shook his head.

“S-scary…” Izuku mumbled. The last time he had been taken to the police station, his father was arrested and imprisoned for illegal selling of drugs and murder. It was devastating for the little child, to see a parent leave and never come back.

The red-haired woman sighed and ran a hand through her hair. Izuku, as if could sense her distress, embraced her in a tight hug.

“I-I’m sorry,” Izuku mumbled, wiping away his tears.

The woman smiled. “My name is Rashingu Mietto. What’s your name?”

“M-Midoriya Izuku,” Izuku replied.

Mietto rubbed Izuku’s soft cheeks. “How old are you, Midoriya?”

“E-Eight…” Mietto looked surprised, then sighed.

“Do you want to live with me? I know we just met, but if you don’t want to go to the police station–” She was interrupted by Izuku hugging her and nodding profusely. She smiled and hugged back.

-

Since then, Mietto became the legal guardian of Izuku. She raised Izuku as if he were her own son, which she didn’t have at the moment. Izuku was given a choice to change his last name, but decided to keep Midoriya in memory of his loving biological mother.

Izuku gained the ideology that heroes weren’t enough and began a yakuza at the young age of twelve to help the heroes whenever they needed it (also to prove a point). At first, Mietto didn’t approve of the yakuza. However, she eventually gave in and joined.

Many villains and heroes alike agreed with the ideology and joined the yakuza. It wasn’t long before the yakuza, known as Unknown Passcodes, quickly rose in power and popularity. Izuku is now well-known in the underworld as ‘Decipher’.

As years passed by, they were feared by most and wanted by both the heroes and villains. Each member of the yakuza has pledged everlasting loyalty to Izuku, despite majority not knowing his true identity.

-

I’ll be honest with you, this story is somewhat inspired by D.E.K.U. by DramaKelly because the series is ✨Gold✨

860 Words