Chapter One

Welcome back friends. :)

'~Tommy~'

I stare at the huge auditorium, my trumpet slung over my back securely in it's black case. I take a small look around, it's nothing much just a big open space. I see three instruments set up on the stage, a guitar connected to an amp, a set of drums and a saxophone. I blink a few times trying to figure out what to do in this new place.

"Tommy...?" Tubbo asks from next to me. I turn and smile awkwardly at my friend with a small smile. His clarinet is in a bag by his side along with a music stand. I look around once again and spot a piano at the bottom of the stage.

"So... this is where we're supposed to be for the band?" I ask as I sit down in one of the plush seats. Tubbo nods and sits next to me eagerly. We met in 3rd grade in elementary band class. The entire class hated me because of how slow I was to learn. Especially since at the time I was playing the flute, it would never sound how I wanted it to.

"Hey! Look some people showed up! I told you they would Techno!" An excited voice says from behind us. I turn around quickly and see four people, three boys and one girl. I can tell that one of them is a senior by the way he holds himself. He looks done with being in school, but also has a kind glint in his eyes.

"Yeah, whatever Will." The pink haired one says. I look at the two, they look almost like brothers, if they were brothers they'd have to be twins. The senior pushes past them and reaches his hand out to shake mine.

"Welcome! You must be the two new freshman looking to join the jazz band. That's Wilbur and Techno but I assume you've already guessed their names. Wilbur plays the guitar for us and Techno likes the drums. I'm Phil, I'm on tenor saxophone." He says as I shake his hand. I nod and look behind him at the blonde haired girl.

"I'm Nikki, I'm not a full time band member but I play the piano when I can." She says with a warm smile. I nod and look behind me at Tubbo. He's hiding behind me like usual, I drag him out from behind me and push him towards Phil and the others.

"I'm Tommy, I play the trumpet. This is my best friend Tubbo, he likes the clarinet." I say as I let go of Phil's hand. Tubbo shakes Phil's hand as well as the two bickering boys behind him continue arguing.

"Is there a problem here..?" A voice asks from behind the group. I go on my tip toes to try and see who it is. It's definitely a teacher, who else would have such a deep voice?

"Ranboo! Hey you're here! This is Ranboo, he's our alto saxophone player." Will says dragging him forward. Ranboo looks a bit confused, a black case slung over his shoulder which most likely holds his saxophone.

"Ranboo is only a year older than you so he's the closest to you in age. Will, Techno and Nikki are all juniors and I'm a senior, meaning this is gonna be my only year working with you guys unfortunately." Phil says. Tubbo nods as clapping starts behind us.

"Hello! Hello! I'm your band teacher, Mr. Maron! Welcome to the school freshmen!" Someone says, I turn around and see a smiling man with brown hair and a short beard. Everyone starts walking down towards the stage as he greets us and says good morning. It's 6:30, school starts at 8.

"How are you doing this morning Mr. Maron?" Ranboo asks as he takes out the pieces of his saxophone. I see Nikki sitting patiently at the piano and Will attaching a tuner to the top of his guitar.

"Doing amazing, I hope you all are as well, today we'll be-" A loud boom interrupts Mr. Maron as we all turn around slowly. Techno is sitting then with his stick resting on the top of the drum set. Mr. Maron shakes his head a bit before walking over and taking Techno's drum sticks away from him.

"As I was saying, today we'll be celebrating the starting of the clubs. All the clubs will be making something and preforming or displaying their project." Mr. Maron says. I start putting together the shiny brass pieces of my trumpet as he talks. Tubbo is searching through his bag for his reed case.

"Mr. Maron? How is the gaming club supposed to present something?" Will says with a snicker. Techno hits his drums with his hands making the classic badum-ch sound that comes after every joke a comedian says.

"Oh please, Nick, George, Clay, Velvet and Ant can think of something to do." Phil says warming a reed in-between his lips. I look next to me and see Tubbo doing the same thing, it makes him look silly.

"If Velvet and Ant can stop flirting for ten minutes." Ranboo laughs out as he straps his saxophone to his neck piece. The neck piece keeps it in the air, even if Ranboo isn't holding it directly. Although I have been told it does strain ones neck if left dangling for too long.

"Alright, alright, refocus everyone." Mr. Maron says with a laugh. I give a small chuckle as I clean the inside of my trumpet, maybe this club might not be as bad as I thought.