How To Hack Schoology And Change Grades

I began to wonder if there was a way to just do it in Schoology so it would sync to the grade book, and low and behold there is!

With our Enterprise version of Schoology we currently have access to a pretty slick "Assessments" feature, that I honestly haven't had much chance to explore, until now. With Assessments, if you need to use worksheets, you can totally hack them and simplify your life. All you will need is a screenshot of a PDF you have already been using. Using the Label Image Question type, you will upload that screenshot and then add spots for labels and choices for answers.

The beauty of using Schoology for this is that you can create these Assessments collaboratively in a shared resource area and copy them to your class. It would be a good idea to play around with how you assign points for this type of assessment. I attempted a few different methods of assigning points before I arrived on the format I used in the video above, but there might be a better way. You might also try adding a number of worksheets or activities into one assessment set.

When I tested the strategy, I made sure I only clipped the portion of the worksheet that I needed, and on the student iPad, I did have to make sure the iPad was vertical to view the entire sheet and choices. If students find that there is no ability to submit, if they refresh the screen, the ability to submit their work should appear.

The Label Image question type can be used for many different types of activities. Consider using it to have students label parts of a paragraph, models, states and capitals, graphs and charts, or diagrams. You can screen capture images, find images to use on sites like Britannica Image Quest, or create your own.

Want to try it, but need a little help? Let me know!

For any technical support in hacking related issues, contact email

AUTOMICHACKERSCREW@GMAIL.COM