Part One

March 18th 2020 3:25pm

As she exited the school gates, Lulu knew that this pandemic would completely change her life-no school and the whole country on lockdown.

She couldn't imagine herself staying at home for the foreseeable future. You see, school was her escape from her home life- something she so desperately needed.
Not to mention the effect on her learning corona would because after all, Lulu was so close to starting her GCSE's and finishing secondary.

She was just weeks away from her 16th birthday which she was sure she would now be spending alone instead of having fun at the party she had originally planned.

She did have one thing to look forward to though, the house opposite her was for sale. That meant new neighbours and a possible new friend.

Lulu and her two best friends Esme and Astrid walked back to her house for the last time before their life's changed completely. The three of them had come back to Lulu's or Astrid's house after school for the last 5 years.

It felt weird to Lulu that she wouldn't be going to school anymore - she couldn't quite comprehend it considering she had been going almost every day for the last eleven years.

"Hopefully we will be back after the easter holidays" Astrid said, breaking the silence.

Astrid and Lulu nodded in agreement and the trio continued walking down the hill chatting about their days.

Coronavirus would effect their friendship heavily,they could be found sleeping over at each others houses at least once every weekend which obviously could not happen anymore - they were trying to savour the last moments they had together.

After arriving at Lulu's house, they entered her kitchen to do the same thing they did every day- Make toasties.

After all three girls had finished crafting their afternoon snack, they made their way up to Lulu's room.

Lulu,Esme and Astrid all leant against Lulu's deep purple walls eating their food and talking about what they thought the next few weeks would hold.

"There's is no way we are going back to school, i reckon by the time we can go back, we will be in college!" Astrid said before taking a sip from her water.

"Well atleast lulu has something to look forward too, have you heard anything else about your new neighbours?" Esme chimed in.

Lulu shook her head. They continued talking about the drastic changes to come in their life and after a few hours, Esme and Astrid left her house.

One thing still lingered on Lulu's mind though, she wouldn't get to see the girl she had a crush on every day at school anymore. Her heart ached at the thought of possibly never seeing Jessie again. She knew that Jessie was moving back to New Zealand in June. She couldn't imagine a life without her,even though jessie had no idea that Lulu had a crush on her and only saw her as a friend.

A few hours had past- Lulu had tidied her room,spent way too long on social media and started a new series on netflix ready to continue it in isolation.

Her mum had just got back from work and as soon as she heard footsteps, Lulu ran downstairs to greet her - hoping to learn more about the mysterious new neighbours.

"I heard something about the new neighbours, apparently there a big family, moved here from America - supposedly they are converting the garage into a bedroom and some band room? But i don't really know much" Jane said as Lulu entered the kitchen.

"With that big of a family, there's bound to be someone around your age" she continued.

And with that sentence, Lulu knew that these new neighbours bring an interesting spin on an otherwise boring few months - she was determined to form a connection with them.
——————————————————
Hiiiiii. So my isabel phase is well and truly gone lmao but i wrote this story about a year and a half ago and idk i might update it occasionally.