prologue

York and Lancaster were fighting with each other in the Wars of The Roses for over ten years now. Even though Henry VI was already dead and Edward IV was on the throne again, the Lancasters did not want to give up on their hope to win the war. It's been ten years of battles and deaths. Many lost their lives but the rest kept going. They were throwing themselves right in the hands of death. A dangerous game, Edward IV was getting tired of. He wanted peace. He wanted to rule England with no death and no war. He was ready to do anything to accomplish that.

Tower of London, 1466

"Are you sure that this will work out?", the man with the light brown hair asked.

"But of course", answered the one with blue eyes. "It is absolutely sure that we will succeed."

"What do you think, milord?", the light brown haired turned to the man with the black hair who said no word until this moment.

"I have no doubt in our success. We are more powerful than they are. We are smarter than them. We have the rights to be where we are."

"I support what he said", the man with blue eyes said, looking at the first man.

"Alright gentlemen, I accept. If all of this turns in the way we would like, we would be very happy."

"But I thought you were already happy with that fertile wife of yours", the black haired joked. The three men laughed.

"Indeed I am. But I could always be happier."

"We could always be something more than we are now. The question is - will we be?", the second man added.

"We just finished discussing that, brother. We will be. Mightier, better, happier. We will be. Just have hope and pray to our merciful Lord because He is good and He loves us. For if we lose His love, we lose everything.", the first man explained. He smiled at the two other men. They all left the room after a moment of silence, every one of them going in a different direction.

*****

11 February 1466

"Come on, Your Grace, just one more time! I can see the head already!"A scream was heard in the nursery where the Queen was currently giving birth to her firstborn.

"Elizabeth, take this." Jacquetta put the amulet in her hand.

"Where is the Queen? I demand to see her!" a man's voice was distinguished between the screams.

"Your Grace, I am not sure if it is appropriate...." the young maid tried to argue.

"I am the King and I order you to let me in!" the door opened and he quickly made his way towards the bed.

"EDWARD! WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?" Elizabeth screamed.

"Shhh, it's alright. I am here now." Edward assured her.

"Don't tell me it's going to be okey! It's not going to be okey!" The Queen screamed in the end.

"How long will this last?" Edward asked the midwife nervously.

"It will be over soon, Your Grace. The baby is almost here. One more push, my Lady."

*****

"Edward, I am sorry."

"Shhh, she is perfect." the King said kissing the forehead of his newborn daughter.

"Elizabeth. Her name shall be Elizabeth." Jacquetta suggested as she came closer to take the baby. Edward nodded before adding, "You couldn't pick more perfect time to come into this world, Lizzie."