the story

"MOTHERRR!!!!" was the shrill cry that dragged Patty out of her bed. It was just past midnight, and she had just gotten comfortable in her bed. She grunted in frustration, stepped into her shoes, and stepped into the room where the cry had come from. "What do you want?" She asked in a hoarse voice. In the room was a young boy, who in his hands, held a cheap old doll that his mother had bought at a flea market months ago. "The doll..." Said the boy shakily. "It moved." Patty groaned in annoyance. She had woken up because of this? "Right." She began pacing back to her bed. She wasn't convinced. "If you want, put the door near the windowsill so it doesn't bother you." Before the boy could protest, She slammed the door of her room and put a pillow over her head. She soon began to slip into a deep sleep. Only then to be disturbed again by another shrill cry. "MOMMMMM!!!" The call rattled the walls of the house. However, this time, Patty clenched her fists tight, staying glued to her comfortable bed. "What do you WANT!?" She shouted. "Mother! The doll is moving again!" Replied the boy. Patty rubbed her eyes. "Child, it's well past midnight, and I've got to wake up early tomorrow. If that doll of yours is bothering your sleep, put it in the living room or somewhere that it won't disturb you and my sleep." This was followed by footsteps of the boy walking down the corridor into the living room where he set the doll down. Patty would be disturbed no more. And when she woke up the following morning to get to work, she decided to have a peek into the boy's room to see him one more time before she left for work for the day, to her horror, the boy was not there. Instead, on the boy's bed was red stains, and the doll she had complained about the night before. And it was looking right at her.