Who is in Control

(I present to you...badass Diamond! So this one takes place a year before 'Late Night Confessions'. So Jaclyn is 25, Mira is 4, Dabi is 29, Sero is 22 and Toga is 21. Jaclyn is still a pro hero with her own agency at this time, and I decided to make Sero her sidekick because he deserves more love. If I make a part 2 to this one shot, I'll have more wEiRd banter from Dabi and Jaclyn so be warned for that.

I have theme songs for this one shot too, Control by Halsey. I have little keys for when you should play the songs. *' is the point in the story where you should play Control [you don't have to play the song at that points specifically, it's just a recommendation so the experience is better.]

I'll close requests soon because I have a lot of school stuff to catch up on so go make those requests before it's too late! Enjoy :3 )

Who Is In Control: Pt. 1

[ACTION]

*'"Are you sure you can handle this area by yourself, Diamond-senpai?" Cellophane, her sidekick, asked with a concerned voice. He wasn't used to seeing this side of his mentor and close friend. "I will tear that entire block apart to get my daughter back. I won't let him near her again." Diamond growled ferociously in reply before realizing how she sounded. "Fuck, I'm sorry! I-I-I didn't mean that. I just...I can't lose her...I've lost enough to the criminal actions forced onto the people of this city." Jaclyn Perry apologized, suddenly feeling a shiver down her spine. Even the many comforts and allies at her side didn't settle her nerves when Mira was in danger. "Don't worry, we'll find her. The heroes always win, right?" Sero added in an effort to calm her down.

He'd seen his mentor on the brink of animalistic fury in a fight, it wasn't pretty. It was like Diamond forgot who she was. The unbreakable hero turned into the exact person she vowed to never become and she barely escaped her transformation. Cellophane didn't want either of them to witness that again.

"Yeah." Diamond smiled slightly, the comfort of her sidekick helping out sinking in. "Thanks Cellophane, I needed that." Jaclyn replied before molding two old cell phones from her pouch into gauntlets around her arms. "No problem." He grinned back. "Do you know where they're hiding her?" The tape hero asked to review.

"The League of Villains hideout, I know where it is. Just follow my lead until I tell you to follow Sarah through the back." Diamond explained discreetly. "Sarah?" He repeated curiously. "I mean Cactus, sorry." She apologized, "My brain is so scattered, and I'm terrified for Mira. What happened to Eri a few years ago...I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something like that happened to my own and only daughter. And if I couldn't save her from that kind of trauma..."

Sero nodded and patted her shoulder with understanding, even though he couldn't relate to being a parent. "We're going to find her Diamond-senpai. I'll make sure of it." He declared supportively and clenched one of his hands into a fist. She giggled and unraveled his fingers. "You're gonna need that hand for fighting. I know you will, and I know that Mira can take care of herself, but I can't help but worry. I can't escape that undeniable fear that I can't protect any of you who are putting their lives on the line for me and my kid." Diamond confessed abruptly.

"Are you ready to teleport there with me?" She queried, coercing a confident smirk on her face. "Let's kick some ass." Sero grinned back. "You know the drill. Don't let go of my hands or me in general. Since I've gotten better with speeding up my teleportation, we'll be there in about..." The scenery of Diamond's office disappeared as the two heroes appeared in an alleyway a few steps away from the League's hideaway.