Beginning Of The Journey

I don't own Pokémon

Hey everybody. This is my first fanfiction ever, so wish me luck, I guess. (I feel extremely awkward right now)

P.S. When I do word count, I don't count author notes.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Doing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A man walked onto the field, waving his hands to the cheering crowd. "Welcome, one and all! Welcome to the wonderful world of Pokémon! Our beloved Galar is a wonderful place, with thriving nature, beautiful cities, and many Pokémon with which we share our lives! As you know, our society is able to thrive thanks to help from these mysterious creatures that we call Pokémon." At this, the man sent out a Pokémon called Cufant. "Yes, Pokémon are all around us -- In the sea, in the sky, and even with us in our towns!" He said, as a flock of Pidove flew by. "And those of us who choose to raise and train Pokémon to do battle and compete, we call Pokémon trainers!" The crowd roared when he said that. "Oh! But I am getting carried away. Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Rose, and it is a pleasure to be here. Now turn your gaze to the Galar region's greatest Pokémon trainer, your undefeated Champion... It's time for Champion Leon's exhibition match!" Rose announced, pumping a fist into the air with fireworks exploding behind him.

Fake smoke started rising, and when it cleared, there was a guy around the age of 25 who was wearing a large cape with a Charizard behind him. He struck a pose and the audience cheered, mimicking him. On the other side of the field was his opponent, a guy around the same age with a Duraladon to his side. He smirked, saying, "Exhibition or not, Leon, your pristine record is about to end -- when I beat you here today!"

The first guy, Leon, flipped the cape behind him. "You know I don't lose battles, Raihan!" He exclaimed. "Charizard! Gigantamax!" His Charizard was engulfed by a red light, and it started growing larger and larger while changing forms, roaring. At the same time, the doorbell rang.

A girl looked up from her phone -- a Rotom phone — to see a boy come running in. "Hello, hello!" He said energetically. Then, he looked down, noticing the phone in the girl's hands. "Oh! That your new flash phone, Mira? Were you watching Lee's exhibition match on it? But you can't cheer him on with your hands full! You know the only way to properly cheer on Lee would be with his famous Charizard pose!" Before Mira had a chance to reply, Mira's mum walked in.

"Hop! Didn't expect to see you here today, dear. Isn't this the big day?" She asked.

"Yeah, that's exactly why I came running over to get Mira! Never mind watching the match now. I got it recording at home anyway. I record all of my brother's matches." He turned to her. "Come with me, Mira! He should be here any minute now! And Lee always brings presents when he visits, so I wouldn't forget that bag if I were you! Now I've got to run! See you at mine later!" He exclaimed, running off.

Mira blinked, he hadn't even let her say a word. But hey, why not? She ran to her room to grab her brown leather bag that used to belong to her mum, as well as a hat due to her mum's insistence. She adjusted the green hat with a white pom-pom to fit, and brushed aside some of the loose locks of her long, silky, platinum blonde hair before leaving, watching Hop and his Wooloo gesture at her to hurry up through her bedroom window. She hopped down the stairs of her front yard to meet Hop.

Hop laughed. "Hahaha! Have a look at you, Mira! That old bag looks like it could pull you over!" Mira pouted lightly. "At least we know that it should hold anything Lee might bring, even if it's as big as a Snorlax!" He joked, sensing Mira's embarrassment.