~FOUR~

#_#_#_#_#
"Alone, we can do so little. Together, we achieve more."
                       #_#_#_#_#

                     ∞BOLU∞

Two weeks had passed and I had no seatmate. I was actually getting used to it. But something kept me thinking though, why wasn’t the head boy around? And if he came, would he be my seatmate? Nope I highly doubt it. Two people were absent and there were exactly two seats left in the class so the probability of him being my seat mate was really fifty, fifty. I don’t even know why I’m making a big fuss over this issue. Well, whatever.

The bell rang and English class was over. One more period before first break! Praise the Lord o! Yes, yes, I liked food. I’m a foodie. And the best thing about being a foodie is never denying the fact. Trust me that quote was by Albert Einstein. Case closed.

“Yo, Bolu!” Called Nina from her seat, which was two seats ahead of mine and a seat ahead of Ninu’s. Despite the fact that we were assigned seats, Nina, Ninu and I happened to fall in the same column and same line.

I sat at the last seat in that column of course, because of my height. Yeah, I was 5’9, probably the tallest girl in the whole school.

“Yeah, b! Wetin sup?” I countered.
She stood up with her books in her hands and walked over to my seat.

“I’m going to the library. Wanna come?”

“Come, bawo? I have geography right now.” Nina wasn’t a geography student, she chose Economics instead. Some students chose the two. Some people even added marketing on top. Awon Shana niyen!

“I heard Mrs. Tekena isn’t around,” she said.

“Really?” My face brightened up with a smile.

She shook her head. “Lazy human being! Why are you now happy?”

“Abeg, who won’t be happy?” I said doing a little weird happy dance on my seat making her to laugh.

“Babe, better stop embarrassing yourself. You look like a deteriorating turkey.”

“Guyyyy, I learnt it from you, na.” I stated as I stopped dancing and smiled.

"God forbid bad thing!" She snapped  her fingers over her head. "I can never dance like that."

I burst out laughing and she joined in too.

“Wanna come or not? Time is going," she asked after we finished laughing.

“See, we both know that librarian woman doesn’t like my guts one bit and the feeling from my side is mutual so…nah, I ain’t coming.”

“Whatever. What will you be doing then?”

I shrugged. “Completing my incomplete Bio note which will end up being incomplete at the end of the session? Yeah, I’m gonna be doing that.”

She laughed again and so did Ninu even though she was busy doing something else. Omo mehn, that girl’s ears ehn.

“Asiinnn ehhnn. I don’t even know why I bother completing mine. The man will just ask us to be photocopying that Essential Biology textbook anyhow.”

“It’s because you are a good student na. As per, you be shana!” I whined her a little, although it was true.

“Abeg, abeg. Don’t start! Lemme comman be going before you whine my destiny. See ya later, b!” 

“Yeah, later!” I said and chuckled as she almost ran out of the class.

I relaxed in my seat as I brought out my Bio note and Essential Biology Textbook to do the assignment he gave us which was indirectly photocopying the whole textbook into our notes with pen.