QUEEN OF HEARTS

"How you always can describe the wound but never how it made you feel

"How you always can describe the wound but never how it made you feel."

——Yves Olade, Belovéd.

⚔️⚔️

Suki had one major problem; she was so angry all the time. Her mother assumed it was just a negative effect of the ADHD pills she'd toss down her throat at 7am sharp everydaywell, most days— but she was mistaken.

Suki was just angry.

Her lungs heaved with the desire to launch her hand through the window, or to rip someone's eyes out for looking at her but she ignored it, letting the fury fester and grow until it'd explode, harming some unlucky bastard close enough to feel her rage rolling off of her in ginormous waves, her hands wrapped tight against someone's throat, fingers pushing into the artery vehemently. That scenario was easily exacerbated, of course, by the knife she kept on her, strapped to her inner thigh, gleaming maliciously in the light of Helios' presence.

Due to her raging temper, she was easily one of the most terrifying people at the camp— her indifference and urge to hurt someone often overtook her during any battle, training session or fight and always left someone bleeding out (rarely ever her); lips curling into a wolfish grin sharp as the machete in her palm and Swiss knife on her hip as she'd watch her opponent being carted off to the infirmary, nectar poured down their throats, needles jabbed into the bruised flesh of their arms, eyes wide in silent prayer to Apollo for safe and quick healing.

Suki was malicious, so much so that the campers expected her to peck at the bodies of her victims like her father's prized vultures, feeding off of her victory like a starved man, eyes flickering with a flame that refused to dim.

She'd look in the mirror, peering at her reflection and her mouth would split into a proud smirk, a garish sight— a true daughter of Ares stared back.