1: New Friend

The brunette walks alongside the pink-haired girl, talking about her excitement for school. The brunette is known as Rishima Atona who waves her arms around to stress her point. "I'm super excited for high school. It's gonna be an epic four years!" She spins around, thinking about all the things the future has in store for her. Her pink-haired friend, Anko Merigol, smiles and pulls out her phone. She looks at a picture of a boy on her screen.

"Yeah, and Graham is going to enroll in our school! His parents decided to move!" she sighs dreamily. She keeps her eyes on the picture, her smile becoming more loving. 

Rishima laughs, "You and your dream guy. I just want to make more friends! It's going to be a fun-filled time!" She looks around, seeing all the new people around, even some familiar faces back from middle school. She sees some teenagers messing with the school's sign, trying to cover up some of the letters, working with 'Great Blacksburr High School'. 

The pink-haired girl scoffs, rolling her eyes, "If you call slaving away to homework that doesn't help us in the future, then sure. Totally fun." She adjusts her purple long sleeved shirt, making sure the heart shaped opening on her chest isn't too revealing. The two continue to walk, coming up to a small park near the high school. They have some time to spare before they have to go home, due to their curfews. School starts the next day and the girls' parents would have their heads for coming home late. A kid runs past Rishima, the girl watching with nostalgia as she'll be an official adult in four years. She turns to find a boy sitting at the swings all alone. It's a pair of swings, the dark blue-haired boy staring glumly at the ground. His green eyes have flicked up to meet Rishima's brown ones before he turns his head to the side. 

"I'll see you later, Anko. I'm gonna go talk to that guy," Rishima informs her. She glances at her light brown-haired best friend, gasping. 

"Why? He's the weirdo, remember?" she claims, eyeing him suspiciously. Rishima gives her a smile, pointing at the lonely boy. 

"I'm gonna be his friend! Also he looks sad, so I'm gonna cheer him up!" she determines, hands clenched in fists as she looks to the sky. She's hopeful, believing in herself and her ability in making friends. Anko sighs, knowing that she can't talk Rishima out of this. The girl is stubborn when it comes to things like these and she hopes that Rishima will be okay. 

Anko rolls her eyes once more, smiling and saying, "Alright, I get it. Good luck on that, Rishima." The girl waves goodbye to her taller friend, walking away as Rishima returns the gesture. They don't always walk home together, even though it is safer that way. Anko continues her way home as Rishima spins around, facing the boy's direction once more. 

She walks up and sits on the empty swing on the boy's right, a soft thudding coming from the swing and the jingle of the chains. The boy raises his head to look to his right, curious and squinting as the lowering sun rests upon his pale face. Rishima grins happily, waving her hand in a friendly gesture. "Hello!"

The boy holds a grumpy, pissed off look on his face. "What do you want?" he grumbles. He just wants to be left alone and this girl is interrupting his alone time. He doesn't even know who she is!

Rishima leans back in the swing, holding tightly onto the chains as she looks at the sky. The sun's rays also fall upon her face, making the right side more shadowed than the left. "Oh, nothing much. I just wanted to say hi and I thought we could be friends. You look pretty nice," she spouts. 

The boy glares at her, going unnoticed by the female. "Yeah right. Where are your friends? Are they gonna take a picture and take it out of context? Then, send it to everyone?" his anger seeps into his words, but also frustration and some sadness. Rishima notices, sitting up straight, looking sadly at him. A frown finds its way onto her face, brows furrowing in worry.