Chapter 3

I was standing in the corridor deep in thought. I escaped; my personal hell was finally over. They were finally gone, god took them away and now I was free. As I stand there all those bad times flash in front of my eyes. Every time they hit me, every time they tortured me and belittled me, they can't do that anymore. Shaking myself of those thoughts I turn around from the crashed car that now lay upside down in our front yard with my dead parents inside of it to the phone that lay in my hand and dial 911.
"911, what's your emergency?" the operator asked.
"there was a car crash in front of my house. I think my parents are dead." I replied in a monotonous tone. I couldn't even pretend to be sad. Those two monsters were fucking dead. However I couldn't be happy either, I was literally going to be homeless and was probably going to be sent to a foster home, which I wasn't too thrilled about.
"Oh!" exclaimed the operator probably shocked from my lack of emotion. "Well, can you tell me your address sweetie? And help will be on the way." She said. I told her my address and hung up the call sitting on the living room couch waiting for the cops to come. I was too exhausted from this morning's 'lesson' and I couldn't think of a body part that didn't hurt, especially my ribs. That still had the marks from today morning.
Bitch

That was what she wrote on my stomach. Ugh! I fucking hate my life. Currently sitting on the couch I lay my head back as the wait for the cops to show up.

I felt someone shaking me, as I opened my eyes I saw a man probably in his thirties in a police uniform looking at me with an apologetic-smile. "Hello. You might want to come with us. Unfortunate your parents died on impact so you would have to come with us to the police station while we figure stuff out for you okay?" The guy said to me in a clam voice. I already knew they would've been dead. I mean the car was literally on fire and upside down. I didn't say anything to him, just gave him nod, zipping up the hoodie I was wearing I put my phone in my pocket and gesture my hand in front of him telling him to lead the way.

As I take a seat in the back of a cop car with that guy and another female officer, I decide to give a call to the manager at the night club and Grayson telling them I won't be coming in tonight. To say the least they weren't happy about that. After a few minutes of giving excuses I finally give and tell them my parents, that got them to shut up because both of them literally just said that I should take care and take my time which was pretty generous as they are the kind of people who work their employees till the person drops dead and I am not exaggerating.

Finally reaching the station I was told to wait in a seat while they gave me a thin blanket that was practically paper thin and didn't do anything to keep the cold out. I kept on asking the officers what is going to happen to which they only answered with a sympathetic smile and "we will tell you everything soon, child.". Bitch I do not need your fucking sympathy. I just need to get out of this place. After waiting for hours it is now 4:30 in the morning, and i finally see a lady walking towards me. God, some answers at last.

"Hey sweetheart. I am Emmy your social worker. I am truly sorry for your loss." The lady said in a comforting tone. She seemed nice enough, as I scanned her body I didn't see any outline of any weapons. Safe. I can play along then. "Thank you." I replied in a low voice but mustered a small smile. She takes a seat beside me and starts explaining what is going to happen next. "Sweetheart I know you must be dealing with a lot of stuff but I have some information about your living arrangements . I had done some research and found your living that could take you in. I contacted them so now you will be living with you brothers." Oh ok...wait what??? Brothers. BROTHERS. Since when do I have brothers.

"I think there is some mistake I don't have any brothers." I tell her. To which she only smiles and says "you do sweetheart. Apparently your parents separated when you were two and she was the one who got custody of you and from what I looked up your brothers have been looking for you for quite some time." Oh so does this mean? "So that means they are living with my father?" I ask, hope slightly creeping up in my heart. Mother always said that my father was a good for nothing man and we were better off without him, yeah of course she was but my life was hell. And never really believed her. In fact I used to imagine what my life could be like if I lived with my father. I mean can you believed I wanted to live with a man I haven't even seen a picture of in my entire life rather than live with my own mother. How fucked up is that?!

She again has that sad look on her face "I'm am sorry honey but your father passed away, your oldest brother will now be your legal guardian. Xavier Marino. You will be flying to California in a few hours. They have already made the necessary arrangements for you." I am going to America. Wow. I didn't even feel surprised, of course she'd want to be far away from them.

"Alright let's get up, and I will drive you to your house and you can pack up your stuff. And then I will drive you to the airport for your journey." She asked trying to brighten the mood slightly. I nodded and made my way towards the exit following behind Emmy. As we reach my house, her expression turns even more sad as she sees the state my house is currently in. I tell her to wait outside while run in to grab all the necessary stuff, I don't want her seeing the inside it is so much worse. Making way towards the attic I pull an old small suitcase out and start shoving all of my stuff inside. My clothes (which consist of four shirts, two pairs of black jeans, 2 pairs of underwear and a hoodie, and the dress from work), my sheet music that ms. Jennings gave me, my fighting equipment just in case, toiletries, my copies of a tale of two cities (the one I am currently reading) and little women (my favourite book). Taking one last look at my house, I walk towards Emmy's car. Leaving behind that hell. I'm starting my new life.

As we reach the airport I was expecting to be lead to an airplane but as we start walking to secluded area I start getting confused. Focusing on the thing in front of me it all starts to make sense. Private Jet. This can't be right, are my brothers seriously that rich. Oh my god. They are soo going to give me a proper bed. "This is where we part sweetheart. Just remember this is my card, call me anytime you feel uncomfortable. I will be there in a jiffy. Okay?" She says handing me the card coming to give me a hug. I immediately stiffen up but she doesn't really seem to care after a few seconds let's go and says the final goodbye. Mumbling a goodbye in return. I walk towards the jet.

Okay... let's do this.

—————————————————

Oooo!! We are so close to meeting the brothers. I for one am excited🥳
I know it was a short chapter as compared to the first two but we will get back!!
I am planning on making the next chapter in the brothers' pov to really show you what's going on at the other side. How t
Do you think their first meeting will go??

As always love you guys so much💕💕✨✨

Do vote
Comment
Share