Chapter 1

"Hey" said Chris "Wanna come join us in the tree house"? "Yes" I said so I went running and then as soon as I got in there I saw Teddy sitting there and shuffling game cards from the game that they were playing. "Hey wanna play" said Teddy "I'm good" I said "what you scared that you will lose to me"? "No way" I said "she would beat you Teddy just admit it" said Chris "No she would not beat me" said Teddy.

"Hey guys" said Gordie "Hey Gordie" I said "guys you won't believe what I heard about" said Vern " what is is verno" said Teddy "do you guys wanna go see a dead body"? "I do" said Teddy "I do" said Chris " I do" I said "I do" said Gordie". So we set out to look for the dead body the next day. My parents were on there "honey moon" and I call that ' getting away from your kids as soon as your married'. But I grabbed my sleeping bag and my cantine and headed out. I was on the sidewalk and then I saw Gordie and Chris walking in front of me and then I ran up to them. "Hey yall ready to go camping and see a dead body" I said "yeah It will be fun" said Chris "yeah it will be fun" said Gordie. Then after a few minutes Teddy and Vern came up behind us. "How long do you think it will be" said Teddy "maybe we should just hitch hike" said Vern "no way" said Teddy. Then we set off down the tracks to Harlow to find the missing and possibly dead kid Ray Brower. "Who has the food" said Vern " we don't" I said. Then in that moment we all sat down on the train tracks and took out our money "68c from Chris, 60c from Teddy, 7c from Vern" I said. "Train" said Chris but I stayed behind "train Doge dig it" I said "get off the tracks Alyssa your going to get yourself killed" said Chris and Teddy. Then Teddy ran up and put his arms around me and pulled me away from the tracks. "Why did you do that teddy" I said "because I don't wanna see you get hurt" said Teddy " then don't watch" I said. But then I grabbed my cantine and my sleeping bag and I was walking away. "Please don't be mad at me" said Teddy then I looked at him with a smile and a shine in my eye then I gave him a hug and then he put his arm around me and then we all walked off on the tracks. "Have gun will travel reach a card of a mann a knife with armor in a savage land howlalind. We all sang walking down the tracks. Then we reached the junk yard "what happens if chopper is here"? Said Vern "we will throw you in" said Chris, Teddy, and Gordie. "Haha very funny" said Vern. But then we all jumped the fence and then Chris, Vern and Gordie ran off racing each other but me and Teddy stayed behind. "I'm sorry" said Teddy "for what" I said " for pulling you back" said Teddy " it's ok" I said " I need to tell you something Alyssa" said Teddy " what is it" I said " I-I-I-" said Teddy "what is it" I said "uh nothing" said Teddy "ok" I said. So then in that exact time we both looked into each other's eyes and I started to like teddy even more than I did before. So then we Walked back to the guys and then we all sat down on the gravel.