▹ George appreciation

Party streamers and birthday banners along with some adorable colourful balloons set the background, giving everything a relaxing feel which meshed well with the soft look on George's face.

In front of him was a cake. It was a cookies and cream birthday cake with Oreos on top, chocolate drizzling down from the sides making his mouth water — his step mum had gone to the trouble of baking it and he had never been more excited.

The members of BTS had surprised him with a cake when he woke up that morning. Cake for breakfast and lunch seemed a bit much, but not for George. Cake is cake and after all, it is his day and he would be more than pleased to spend it stuffing his face with delicious treats.

"Shouldn't you be celebrating?" George mumbled before grinning widely. "I am celebrating with my favourite people in the whole world! I wanted to spend some of this day with you guys."

The majority of the day, George had spent with his members basking in the memories of his childhood over facetime with his family — as well assuring Chungha that she didn't have to worry about not being able to spend today with him, she had felt really guilty about that.

"I wanted to show you this card my siblings made for me," George spoke up, eyes scanning the table for the card only to frown when he couldn't see it.

His gaze flickered up to the staff, silently asking them to retrieve the card for him. Turns out, he had left it in his bag. Raising himself off of the chair, he reached forward and took the card before quietly thanking the staff member.

Once he was seated, he held the card up with a prideful smile.

The background of the card was pink and on the front there was a variety of colours and glitter messily splashed over it with a very messy 'happy birthday georgie' written at the bottom.

It was messy, but George loved it.

Inside, there was a drawing of the Lee family and Geonho had gone to great lengths to make sure that George knew that he was the one who had drawn it — he had titled ' BY GEONHO' at the very top of the art work.

It swelled George's heart that he had gone to great lengths to also draw the BTS members on there too — they were stick figures, but he had made sure to label each member and George found that quite sweet.

On the other side was a note written from each of his siblings wishing him a lovely day.

George got closer to the phone so that Army could get a better look at the card. The pride in George's eyes was evident as he stared down at the masterpiece created by his siblings.

"I'm going to put it by my bed in the dorm so that I can look at it before I sleep every night."

He placed the card down on the table and settled back into the chair, brushing a strand of hair out of his eyes.

"I also saw on Twitter that some of you had baked cakes and cupcakes and treats in celebration of my birth, so thank you for that. I really do appreciate it."

George's voice was soft as his heart warmed. It still shocked him just how many people cared about his existence enough to bake him a whole cake for his birthday despite him not being there to eat it.

A breath left George's throat as he rubbed his hands over his thighs whilst concentrating on the many messages that had been coming through. Suddenly, the chat filled with nothing but the words 'we appreciate you' causing George to gasp.

Cocking his head to the side, he looked like a lost puppy. Glancing at the staff for a second to make sure they had nothing to do with this, George felt himself starting to get emotional.

Over and over again, the words we appreciate you appeared and it was overwhelming in the best way possible. George cleared his throat and shifted in his seat.

"You guys are going to make me cry."

His voice cracked and he looked away to try and collect himself, not wanting to cry on live. The tears began pouring out of his eyes before he could stop them.

"Tha-" he choked out, stopping himself to sniffle and wipe his eyes. "Thank you. I-I don't know what to say, so let my tears be my appreciation. You guys truly have no idea how much that means to me, thank you. Truly thank you so much."

Taking the tissue gratefully off of a staff member, he wiped his eyes and sniffled before shaking his head aggressively as if to shake off the emotions. A large smile brightened up his features, eyes still glossy but full of adoration.

"That was the best gift anybody has ever given me, so thank you. I appreciate you all more than words can explain."

And he truly did — he was truly grateful for the fandom that had changed his life. They never failed to surprise him and once again managed to make his birthday the best it could be.

______________

i genuinely feel like a mother every time it's one of my ocs birthdays 😭

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but I hope you enjoyed anyway.

you're greatly appreciated 💜

— blue x